User Name
Password

Old 07-09-2010, 06:41 AM #71
Rambo
ARAH for O-ringers

-->
Rambo is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via MSN to Rambo

Veronica or a european city name like... Paris, Geneve, Brussels, etc.

HEROES DON'T DIE, THEY JUST RELOAD

Old 07-09-2010, 07:42 AM #72
pbarny1701
Teaching The Next Gen

-->
pbarny1701 is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via AIM to pbarny1701 Send a message via MSN to pbarny1701 Send a message via Yahoo to pbarny1701

Not a boy named Sue How Do you Do!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Friedman
In China, Bill Gates is Britney Spears. In America, Britney Spears is Britney Spears. That's our problem

My Blog, Pics and More
Customs Blog
Add Yoursel to MY MAP
Me on Facebook

Is for constructive criticism (will even settle for destructive) just anything but "Nice shot" or "Awesome".

Old 07-09-2010, 12:25 PM #73
JoeGirl
Veteran

-->
JoeGirl is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo
Veronica or a european city name like... Paris, Geneve, Brussels, etc.

I had thought about Journey and someone today had said Liberty or Justice! Idk is that weird

Old 07-09-2010, 12:40 PM #74
Otto the Otter
"Toot" Spelled inside out

-->
Otto the Otter will become famous soon enough -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGirl
I had thought about Journey and someone today had said Liberty or Justice! Idk is that weird

Those sound pretty cool actually. Kinda patriotic. Just don't give the poor girl a strangly spelled version of a common name like Jeni, Margaux, or Pnaomeee. You'll never find personalized pencils, earings, or bicycle license plates.

Some people, when trying to avoid thinking about those things that cause them pain, turn to drink, or perhaps food, or drugs... I turn not to any of those... I collect action figures, turning my mind to the hunt, so that I might find a mote of peace... Over the years, I've found that alcoholism is much more socially acceptable by far.

Old 07-10-2010, 03:27 AM #75
snakeeyes
Between Shadow and Lights

-->
snakeeyes is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via MSN to snakeeyes

Welcome Marsha

Old 07-10-2010, 03:32 AM #76
JoeGirl
Veteran

-->
JoeGirl is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeeyes
Welcome Marsha

Thanks!!!

Introduction
Old 07-27-2010, 05:20 PM #77
icebird

-->
icebird is on a distinguished road -->
Default Introduction

Well I guess it's time to introduce myself

I've been coming to this site since 2005 to look at pictures and enjoy your work. I've posted a little bit lately in the forum and commented on a few pics. I never really had time to take photos nor faith in my ability. You guys set the bar PRETTY HIGH

But since I've posted my first pic I think it's time to stop lurking and start contributing

My name is Arni
I live in Iceland
I have two daughters 9 and 3
I work in the purchase department for the most popular computer store in Iceland. YEAH

btw I'm not going to apologize for the volcano since it was not my fault and we're still suffering from it's effects.

Old 07-27-2010, 06:05 PM #78
ToneGunsRevisited
O Bope vai te pegar

-->
ToneGunsRevisited will become famous soon enough -->

Send a message via MSN to ToneGunsRevisited

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebird
btw I'm not going to apologize for the volcano since it was not my fault and we're still suffering from it's effects.

First time I saw someone apologizing for a VOLCANO!!! He didn't do many things, it only stopped airplanes from all the world :P.

WELCOME!

Old 08-09-2010, 03:41 AM #79
pinoyronin
Veteran

-->
pinoyronin is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_at_Midnight
Wow! Bangkok-based! My new stomping grounds! I'll be back in Bangkok this August. BTW, where in BKK do you find a good selection of Joes? I would think ZEN at Central World, but that's now gone, and I have no clue the TRU there survived. Wow! Small world!

Sorry, I saw your post only now (haven't been visiting the forum for the past months).

Yeah, too bad about Zen and Central World.

The only G.I.Joes that made it here in Thailand are the ROC first wave figs and Alpha vehicles but that's it, no follow-up waves. No POCs either. You can still find some stocks (mostly Neo-Vipers, Destro, ec. and the Panther/Armadillo etc. in Siam Paragon's toy shop and in all branches of Central Malls.

If you are looking for 1:18 stuff, you might have better luck. Star Wars stuff, for one, are in abundance here. Marvel figs in 1:18 scale too.

Before it was burned down, the TRU in Central World had a lot of Hulk Humvees on sale at just 1,000 Baht each (roughly $30) and PTE Blackhawk and Raptor (each selling for 1,500 Baht). (I should have bought a Blackhawk at the time).

There is a hobby mall in Chinatown (Yaowarat) which offer 1:18 stuff (both loose and MOC). I went there only once almost two years ago. I saw some figures from the "Alien" films there (loose), like Ripley and the Marines. Some Bbi/Elite Force figures too.

I also saw a 25th Anniv cartoon Baroness and a Nemesis/Lt. Falcon comic pack (both MOCs); a bit overpriced though.

There are also toy shops at the top floor of MBK though they don't sell any G.I.Joe item in general. You might get lucky though and find a stray Joe or Cobra item.

Apart from these, I don't know any other shops selling G.I.Joe stuff. There is a small collectors community, though.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by pinoyronin : 08-09-2010 at 04:08 AM.

Old 08-09-2010, 04:04 AM #80
Otto the Otter
"Toot" Spelled inside out

-->
Otto the Otter will become famous soon enough -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGirl
Thanks!!!

Hey, did you ever settle on a name for your youngling?

Some people, when trying to avoid thinking about those things that cause them pain, turn to drink, or perhaps food, or drugs... I turn not to any of those... I collect action figures, turning my mind to the hunt, so that I might find a mote of peace... Over the years, I've found that alcoholism is much more socially acceptable by far.