User Name
Password

What does JoeDios mean to you?
Old 01-08-2014, 09:12 PM #1
80s Child
Veteran

-->
80s Child is on a distinguished road -->
Thumbs up What does JoeDios mean to you?

Just curious.

Last edited by 80s Child : 03-11-2014 at 06:52 AM.

Old 01-09-2014, 06:28 AM #2
SIC DETH
frozn 4 awhile

-->
SIC DETH is on a distinguished road -->

Dont quit, unless you absolutely have to!!! Ignore all the bullshit that goes on in this hobby, and just do you my friend.

Whos Da Masta

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrXSWI0oWHg

Old 01-09-2014, 10:45 AM #3
troopsofdoom
Troops of Doom

-->
troopsofdoom is on a distinguished road -->

JoeDios is the true spirit of GI Joe. This is where GI Joe battles Cobra. Action figures in action. It's just fun and inspiring to see everyone bring them to life.

Inspiration
Old 01-09-2014, 02:10 PM #4
raven73
Veteran

-->
raven73 is on a distinguished road -->
Default Inspiration

I first discovered JoeDios in search of cg textures for recreating the Transformers "More Than Meets The Eye" parts1-3 with my G1 toys. That was several years ago. Since then I've been working on action figure dioramas and custom figures & vehicles, and working on 40+ dio storylines in some form or fashion. I would not have gotten so involved with dioramas if I had not found JoeDios. Though I have not chatted very much, or met, any members in real life, I feel that this is an awesome group of fantastic people! I have found inspiration from others and I hope I have inspired some of you with what little bit I've shared so far. I really like the sharing of ideas and friendly criticism on JoeDios. It would definitely be a sad day if JD ever shut down. I also like the friendly rivalry between OWN & NFO (I'm an equal figure activist myself). In conclusion, I like to give a hearty "Thank You" for this wonderful site...YO JOE!

Joedios...
Old 01-10-2014, 11:16 AM #5
neapolitan joe
G.I.JOE ITALIAN COLLECTOR

-->
neapolitan joe will become famous soon enough -->
Thumbs up Joedios...

...for me is not a "G.I.JOE" site/forum, but is a place where G.I.JOEs and Cobras bring life!
80s child, You are my friend. Like everybody here!

http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/bro...r&imageuser=444

Old 01-10-2014, 11:51 AM #6
GoCards
Your Eskimo Brother

-->
GoCards is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via Yahoo to GoCards

For me it's the next evolution of playing with my figures. It's fun to see how creative others can be with their collections or imaginations. It also means I take a LOT of hell from friends and family when they hear about this hobby . I lurked around for a bit, then joined up after I finished Grad School. I don't post as often as I'd like due to "real life", but I check in every day to see what others have done.
I've been around for a few years now, and have seen some of the drama that has come and gone. I've done my level best to stay out of it, but I'm sure some have complained about me from time to time.
I just want to say we seem to be getting lots of new talent daily, and that's great and encouraging for this hobby. I'm on several groups on flickr as well.
By the way, my hometown baseball team (And Duke's and Spearhead's by the way. Check out their file cards.), the St.Louis Cardinals, had just won the World Series when I finally signed up. Thus the goofy-sounding name "GoCards".

Old 01-13-2014, 07:27 AM #7
tria
Veteran

-->
tria is on a distinguished road -->

joedios is the reason I started over collecting gi joe!

When I ve discovered this site, I have spent so much time checking pics and diostories!
I was really excited and looking to create my own dios!

Joedios focuses on the important: playing with the action figures. setting up dioramas and background stories!

Old 01-19-2014, 09:10 PM #8
TwoOneEight
US Navy Veteran

-->
TwoOneEight will become famous soon enough -->

sic deth is right. don't leave. just do you.

and neapolitan joe is right, you are his friend.
"They're not dolls, they're Action Figures! I do not play with toys, I take diorama photographs!"

Yes!
Old 01-21-2014, 06:10 AM #9
neapolitan joe
G.I.JOE ITALIAN COLLECTOR

-->
neapolitan joe will become famous soon enough -->
Thumbs up Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tria
Joedios focuses on the important: playing with the action figures. setting up dioramas and background stories!

I TOTALLY AGREE!

http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/bro...r&imageuser=444

Old 01-22-2014, 11:23 AM #10
Renegade
Veteran

-->
Renegade is on a distinguished road -->

I've been on this site for a long time, close to when it started. I bounced back and forth from Joecustoms to here. As much as I liked seeing customs, seeing the figures being used for great pictorials, and get this, for stories as well, heck it blew me away! I said that this is where I needed to be!

This site has had its ups and downs, but I was mostly here during the good times. Loved seeing Outrider and his strong supporting role here. He was very active, helpful, and friendly. Definitely missed. Plenty of creativeness was here and people were just having fun.

People have come and gone, I disappeared for a while as well, so I missed any of the drama. Honestly, everyone needs to not take themselves so serious over here. We're all on Joedios and in the GI Joe community to have fun and share in something that we all take part in.

Today we have some great talents coming through and still giving us outstanding pics. We have a revival of some sorts in the Dio section, and overall have a positive vibe. I'm glad Joedios is still around, and that we still have a community that does what we do!

Regenesis: The Return to The Killing Fields
Born Again

"...and they formed a band the likes of which have never been seen! And they called themselves Renegade and LRRP"