Introductions
Old 02-19-2010, 09:41 PM #21
General Jones
Veteran

-->
General Jones is on a distinguished road -->
Default Introductions

Hey kiddies,
I'm Dave Jones. (No I wasn't named after the Pirate or the Monkey.)
I live in southern Utah and have lived here all of my life except for a few years that I lived in New England. I graduated from college with a degree in Information Systems and am currently doing Tech Support for an Insurance Brokerage. My wife Brenda and I bought our first home last year and three months afterwards welcomed our first child, Daniel Willard, into our new home.

I grew up with G.I. Joe. I inherited all of my brothers collection and later bought his friends collection which included an incomplete Terror Drome and Night Raven. I kept my collection but didn't do much with it until Christmas 2004 when my Mom bought me a mint V1 Stormshadow and from then, I was hooked again. I Have been searching around this site and ebay to try finishing my collection and all that I have left to finish my collection are a few of the Night Force figures. While waiting for a good deal on the Joes I need, I have been army building and trying to complete some vehicles I have that are incomplete.

Interesting story. I was perusing a local toy shop and met a guy that was trying to get rid of his Joe collection. I talked to him and wound up buying his collection for $3 a figure and $5 a vehicle. Totaled about $378 for the whole lot. 7 boxes later I was in G.I. Joe Heaven again.

GJ

Old 02-22-2010, 10:43 AM #22
snipesfg17
Veteran

-->
snipesfg17 is on a distinguished road -->

Snipesfg17=Wes Dykema
I got my first Joe in '83, and have been collecting ever since. I was active duty Army for 10 years, and now I work with 401k accounts. It is quite a contrast, but I enjoy my new career.
My other hobby is the American Civil War, and I alternate setting up giant battles in my basement with Joes and 54mm civil war soldiers.
My wife and I enjoy Colorado, and are content to let our friends take care of the having kids thing.
I really enjoy this site! Keep posting the great pictures!

Rambo or Joker?
Old 02-22-2010, 08:54 PM #23
Rambo
ARAH for O-ringers

-->
Rambo is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via MSN to Rambo
Exclamation Rambo or Joker?

HEROES DON'T DIE, THEY JUST RELOAD

Old 02-22-2010, 10:29 PM #24
Sonneilon
aka 'Paul WS Anderson' ;)

-->
Sonneilon is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via MSN to Sonneilon

carlos, you smart ass.

Frank and I have both found that we have people on myspace and facebook who we really aren't sure WHO they are on the JoeSites!

Old 02-23-2010, 08:14 AM #25
pbarny1701
Teaching The Next Gen

-->
pbarny1701 is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via AIM to pbarny1701 Send a message via MSN to pbarny1701 Send a message via Yahoo to pbarny1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneilon
carlos, you smart ass.

Frank and I have both found that we have people on myspace and facebook who we really aren't sure WHO they are on the JoeSites!

It's the 100 Friend Threshold...after that you're a Friend Whore who just doesn't know who over half those people are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Friedman
In China, Bill Gates is Britney Spears. In America, Britney Spears is Britney Spears. That's our problem

My Blog, Pics and More
Customs Blog
Add Yoursel to MY MAP
Me on Facebook

Is for constructive criticism (will even settle for destructive) just anything but "Nice shot" or "Awesome".

Old 02-23-2010, 11:55 AM #26
Death_at_Midnight
Cobra R & D

-->
Death_at_Midnight is on a distinguished road -->

Greetings brief mortals,

I am Death, also known as the Grim Reaper, the Destroyer of Worlds. I have always been a Joe fan, although I could not afford to maintain my collection during the 90's in my college years. I graduated from university with a Masters in Information Technology, have a Bachelors in History (Asian Studies). I spend my free time writing programs, doing 3D artwork, and now, collecting GI Joe. It is tanks to JoeDios that I am back into the Joes, and thanks to Sonneilon that I also collect Microman.

I recently got married, the wife likes the Joes too. Other interests include reading classic literature, anime/manga, classic movies, CAD, robotics, and most recently 3D printing.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:36 PM #27
yorktownjoe
Enjoying the season

-->
yorktownjoe is on a distinguished road -->

yorktownjoe - Joe, upper thirties (38, I think)

I reside in Green Bay, WI with my wife and two sons. 3 out of 4 of us think Joes are great! (I guess I should have turned that into a logic puzzle.) 1 out of 4 of us picks up the Joes. I shudder to think what would happen if my wife was the one who had to pick them up...

Anyway, I have a Master's degree in Management, work at a technical college in the office, and also get to teach a class or two on the side in accounting and finance.

I like this site and checking out the pictures posted here, even when I can't comment on each one. I wish I had more time to post. I appreciate that most of the comments here focus on positive things and ways to improve. I have learned a lot about lighting and contrast from reading posts and "how to" sections. Thank you all for keeping this a wonderful place to visit!

Useless trivia: yorktownjoe name origin = our first home was on Yorktown Road, and my name is Joe. Wow, how imaginative!!

Last edited by yorktownjoe : 03-26-2011 at 08:50 AM.

Old 02-23-2010, 08:25 PM #28
ender098
Veteran

-->
ender098 will become famous soon enough -->

Send a message via MSN to ender098 Send a message via Yahoo to ender098

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorktownjoe
Useless trivia: yorktownjoe name origin = our first home was on Yorktown Road, and my name is Joe. Wow, how imaginative!!

Better than mine....Ender from enders Game and 098 because "1998" was taken when I tried to create my hotmail address back in 1998. And after about 1/2 hour of choosing suggestion after suggestion from MSN, I finally just grabbed the one no one had picked "Ender098" ! LOL!

Old 02-23-2010, 08:57 PM #29
rnrhero
I'm Really Cool.

-->
rnrhero is on a distinguished road -->

Well hi everyone, My name is Mike. I have been collecting since 2002 and was able to salvage a small part of my Joes from my Childhood. I am a Sales and Training Manger at one of the Guitar Center Stores in Atlanta Ga. I have a wife and one 3 year old Daughter and neither really like GI Joe but both put up with it. I am an Avid WWII buff and spend more of my off time watching Doc's on the subject then anything else really. I have played Guitar for about 16 years now. RNRHERO actually comes from the fact that someone asked me one time in college if I thought I was somekind of Rock and Roll Hero or not and I told him Yes, Yes I am. Its been an in joke with a few friends for about 15 years now.
s

My Flickr

My Want List

My Photography Page

Old 02-24-2010, 04:12 AM #30
giTom
Reasonably Intelligent

-->
giTom is on a distinguished road -->

giTom - Tom Brooks
living on the south side of Atlanta, GA

As far as posted ages, I'm laying first claim to the oldest guy here - I'm 47. I've been married to Lisa, a wonderful woman, for the past 25 years this year. Yea, go us! We have a 22 year old son at Georgia Tech and a 15 year old daughter in high school.

I finally decided what I wanted to be when I grew up when I was around 40 - went back to school, got my BS in middle grades education and later my Masters in Instructional Technology. I've been a teacher for the past 5 years, with 3 of those being in Instructional Tech. That position is being eliminated next year due to budget cuts, so I'll be back in the classroom. Spent too many years in retail and other crap jobs prior to teaching.

Hope to be debt free except for the house in 3 months.

On my iPod, I have everything from Vivaldi and Bach to King Crimson, Jean Michel Jarre to Pink Floyd, Emerson, Lake & Palmer to Breaking Benjamin and Tool - weird musical tastes.

I grew up with the classic 12" GI Joe line from the 60's and 70's - had some awesome stuff. I bought my first 3 3/4" Joe in 1982 when I was 19 and have been addicted to the little guys ever since. Bought a ton of the 12" guys in the 90's and early 00's. My passion for Joes is torn between the 3.75" and 12" guys. The little guys dominate the market and my interest right now and Hasbro's 1/6th offerings are crap.

I've sold off way too much of my 80's-90's Joe line but the pride and joy of my entire collection is my Defiant Shuttle Complex. Joedios rocks and is my fave GI Joe site on the web. Lot's of great folks here!

Let's talk Joes! Stop by my blog!

Last edited by giTom : 02-24-2010 at 04:27 AM.