Secondo me...
Old 06-02-2010, 05:06 PM #21
neapolitan joe
G.I.JOE ITALIAN COLLECTOR

-->
neapolitan joe will become famous soon enough -->
Default Secondo me...

My friends, my brothers,
we know that this is a G.I.JOE themed site, but eventually Joedios.com can host pictures of other toy lines'pictures or dioramas with some other stuff and G.I.JOEs together. So, we'll have more users, but always under G.I.JOE "brand". We have to search a compromise and try this way.

http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/bro...r&imageuser=444

Old 06-02-2010, 06:01 PM #22
Self-Modifier
Crossover King Emeritus

-->
Self-Modifier is on a distinguished road -->

I recall this same conversation came up a while back (a year or so ago, maybe?). At the time, I had a thought, though I can't remember if I actually suggested it, or if it was just in my head -- but, why not have another section called "Other Toy Photos" or something to that effect? It could be below Photos but above Reviews on the main page.

I know it's been difficult to get new sections added to this site in the past, so I wouldn't hold my breath expecting it to happen -- but I think it would be a nice way to please everyone.

is on indefinite hiatus...

Old 06-02-2010, 06:17 PM #23
dancontrino
That guy

-->
dancontrino is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self-Modifier
I recall this same conversation came up a while back (a year or so ago, maybe?). At the time, I had a thought, though I can't remember if I actually suggested it, or if it was just in my head -- but, why not have another section called "Other Toy Photos" or something to that effect? It could be below Photos but above Reviews on the main page.

I know it's been difficult to get new sections added to this site in the past, so I wouldn't hold my breath expecting it to happen -- but I think it would be a nice way to please everyone.

Genius!

Old 06-02-2010, 07:08 PM #24
Beast from the east
May the force be with you

-->
Beast from the east is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:

I second this notion.

I love my star wars and I really get them out to take pics b/c there isn't a site like this set up to post them.I do have a flickr acc but some pics are missed.I don't like doing alot of clicking so I have the photos section on 90 pic/page and tab only the pics I want to see close up.I don't want to go to another page to see another 90.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22356329@N03/sets/

Old 06-02-2010, 07:36 PM #25
SIC DETH
frozn 4 awhile

-->
SIC DETH is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:

!!!Agreed!!!

Whos Da Masta

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrXSWI0oWHg

Old 06-02-2010, 09:36 PM #26
Sonneilon
aka 'Paul WS Anderson' ;)

-->
Sonneilon is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via MSN to Sonneilon

Well, PM hammerfel with your wishes and ideas!

Unfortunately, getting it on the front page isn't possible for some reason or another. He's tried but it's just not working. *shrug*

Old 06-03-2010, 04:24 AM #27
dancontrino
That guy

-->
dancontrino is on a distinguished road -->

what about putting them in "collections", since nobody puts the appropriate shots there anyway That way, everyone who doesn't want non-joe shots intruding in the regular "photos" section will be happy and those of us who may want to try something else can feel like they aren't annoying purists. This may also get people looking at some of the old "collections" shots...everyone can see Ender's insane collection

Old 06-03-2010, 08:16 AM #28
temedoro15
Chronal Wormhole Raider

-->
temedoro15 is on a distinguished road -->

what about "exclusive non-joe verse" photos (like SIC DETH's signature or the lego project mentioned above) in the Collection section and joes exclusive and joe related photos (crossovers and photos without joes that has something to do with a dude's joeverse, etc...) in the Photos section?

Old 06-03-2010, 11:13 AM #29
Prince Adam
Think For Yourself

-->
Prince Adam is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnok Dread
If I do incorporate its in little bits! Like grendel taking down the Headman or punisher! but i try to keep it joe all the way! ya know it is joedios! not starwars dio or Lol the instigator! ahhhhhh! heh dont strart it or! I'd pull out the robotech and dominion tank police!

I would love to see some Robotech dios. Be it the Matchbox/Harmony Gold lines or just mechas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancontrino
Nekoman had the idea of a committed day to non Joe pics. That seems reasonable and courteous to the all-Joe posters.

That does seem entirely reasonable though I do like the later suggestions more.

Quote:
"Therefore... Do as you wish here. Well, you know what I mean."

Oh yeah! I can finally do the Bratz series I've been putting off

oh my. god.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneilon
Ahem. I've been pretty quiet about this whole thing for some time now and Hammerfel hasn't outright said it, but he DOES want the JD to be all toy encompassing. Whatever brings out the creativity, he wants to see it posted. Being part of the old guard, it was originally GI Joe only but some people's works have most likely relaxed the notion that it's GI Joe only here. Therefore... Do as you wish here. Well, you know what I mean.

Interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Viper
I can begin my Lego shots!!!
-I wonder how LEGO"s would work?

Lego dios are all over flickr. It works the same way.

Quote:

I like this a lot assuming it's a possibility. Even if not on the front page I think the Joes should have their section and other lines a separate one.

Quote:
what about putting them in "collections", since nobody puts the appropriate shots there anyway That way, everyone who doesn't want non-joe shots intruding in the regular "photos" section will be happy and those of us who may want to try something else can feel like they aren't annoying purists. This may also get people looking at some of the old "collections" shots...everyone can see Ender's insane collection

I like this idea too as a possible alternative to Modifier's concept.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:58 PM #30
zedhatch
Veteran

-->
zedhatch is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Viper
I can begin my Lego shots!!!
-I wonder how LEGO"s would work?

http://www.brickcomicnetwork.com/forum/index.php

Should answer your question pretty clearly.

http://www.zedsjoesite.com Home Scale Wars updated Mon-Fri Every Week