Password

NO deception intended
Old 06-04-2014, 09:08 AM #1
Ectimus Lithe
Sci-Guy

-->
Ectimus Lithe is on a distinguished road -->
Wink NO deception intended

Hey gang - since this is technically more of a RE-introduction/explanation, I thought I'd just post it here as it's own thing rather than in the 'Introductions...a bit overdue' thread...

Well, as some people have figured out, I am the "same" guy who joined up here in July of 2011 under the handle "80s Child". LONG story short, I left for a while and then came back older and hopefully wiser - the name change wasn't meant to be sneaky, but rather considerate.

1.) When I first came here I didn't realize I was among so many like minded AND like-aged people. I thought I was the only 'geek' (and I mean that as a term of endearment) who was in his 30s. I just assumed (never assume....) that I was posting with a bunch of 20-somethings, or tech-teens who just happened to also like G.I. Joe, hence distinguishing myself as "the old guy who grew up in the 80s". Then, after being here a while, I realized that this place was MOSTLY comprised of fellow 'Gen-X-ers' (& even older), and subsequently I felt kinda foolish for BOGARTING the title of "80s Child" ....

2.) It came to my attention that a few people in the community for one reason or another thought the handle was kind of lame or offensive even. Again....

So, upon returning I decided to take a page out of Orion Pax's book and take the EC from Eighties Child to get the Ec-timus part, and then since I'm not presumptuous enough to think I'm a "Prime" anything, I went with Lithe - which means flexible, pliable, go-with-the-flow, etc. Because the tree I want to be, sways and bends with the "winds" of life, but doesn't break.

Anyhow.......having said all that, I guess the long & short of it is:

If you liked what I contributed to the group, picture-posting & comment-posting-wise as "80s Child", then I guess you won't mind if I keep trying my best to be a good teammate/member. Or....if after reading this, you're thinking to yourself "crap - THAT guy again... :< ", then I guess you'll at least know who to 'add to your ignore list'....

And one other thing - if you happen to be reading this as a "guest", please consider just jumping-in! "The water's fine"

Old 06-04-2014, 09:43 AM #2
GoCards
Your Eskimo Brother

-->
GoCards is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via Yahoo to GoCards
Thumbs up

Welcome back! I had no idea you were 80's Child. I'm not that observant anyway.

Old 06-04-2014, 10:05 AM #3
TwoOneEight
US Navy Veteran

-->
TwoOneEight will become famous soon enough -->
Thumbs up

I knew that was you! You can't hide from me! Thanks for that Moray and the APC and all the other shit you sent me.

Don't worry too much about what other people think of you. Just do you, buddy!

I love your pictures, keep posting them and stay away from the forums coz this is where the butthurt usually comes from.

Welcome back, homely!

"They're not dolls, they're Action Figures! I do not play with toys, I take diorama photographs!"

Old 06-04-2014, 10:14 AM #4
TwoOneEight
US Navy Veteran

-->
Thumbs up

"They're not dolls, they're Action Figures! I do not play with toys, I take diorama photographs!"

Old 06-04-2014, 10:18 AM #5
TwoOneEight
US Navy Veteran

-->

Last edited by TwoOneEight : 06-04-2014 at 10:34 AM.

Ciao!
Old 06-04-2014, 12:46 PM #6
neapolitan joe
G.I.JOE ITALIAN COLLECTOR

-->
neapolitan joe will become famous soon enough -->
Thumbs up Ciao!

Welcome back, again Brņ!

http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/bro...r&imageuser=444

Old 06-04-2014, 04:13 PM #7
Ectimus Lithe
Sci-Guy

-->
Ectimus Lithe is on a distinguished road -->

Thanks fellas!!! I appreciate the understanding!

That's some serious "fun with giant robots" 218! This kind of thing is right up my alley. You really made some great action & humor poses with them!! And the shadow work on the topmost one in #5 is like box-art quality or movie poster good!! Nicely done!

Old 06-05-2014, 11:49 PM #8
TwoOneEight
US Navy Veteran

-->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ectimus Lithe
Thanks fellas!!! I appreciate the understanding!

That's some serious "fun with giant robots" 218! This kind of thing is right up my alley. You really made some great action & humor poses with them!! And the shadow work on the topmost one in #5 is like box-art quality or movie poster good!! Nicely done!

Of course! It's me!