JoeDios.com Forums  

Go Back   JoeDios.com Forums > Discussion Forums > JoeDioes.com Forum
User Name
Password

Old 02-02-2011, 04:27 PM #11
black rhino

-->
black rhino is on a distinguished road -->

i live in illinois and it was blizzarding!!! over 5 feet of snow in some areas cause of drifts

Old 02-02-2011, 05:43 PM #12
yorktownjoe
Enjoying the season

-->
yorktownjoe is on a distinguished road -->

Here in Green Bay, we dodged the main storm by 20-30 miles. About 3 inches here, but blistering winds. Just south and east of us, over a foot and drifting, blizzard conditions further south in WI it's much worse.

I like snow shots, but not at the expense of damaged cameras or frost-bitten fingertips...plastic is also fragile at extreme temps...

Safe travels to all during the inclement weather.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:36 PM #13
Da Talent
That Light Dude

-->
Da Talent is an unknown quantity at this point -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Pilot
Arizona is cold, unusually cold. very windy last few days. barricades being blown into cars, its nuts.

^word. My sister lives in Mesa and she had frost on her plants for the first time in 3 years!

Old 02-02-2011, 09:35 PM #14
Goldbug
Veteran

-->
Goldbug is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasySimpleStuff
Hell yeah... I myself personally hate winter... just last week here in Finland was
minus 25 celsius (thats minus 13 farenheits). So yeah, some warm looking pictures would be nice...

Winter sucks, its cold and dark and awfull...summer on the otherhand... now thats something else entirely... well not hot but just nice and warm (like Miami in january) but I like the fact that sun goes down about midnight....

Actually that is nothing!
Quote:
Rest of Tonight
Mostly clear. Bitterly cold. Lows 12 to 16 below. Lowest wind chill readings 20 below to 30 below zero after midnight. West winds around 10 mph until early morning becoming light and variable during the predawn hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black rhino
i live in illinois and it was blizzarding!!! over 5 feet of snow in some areas cause of drifts

Yep we got a real blizzard!
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?se...ocal&id=7934374
Nothing like those tiny flurries that close down everything in the south!

Old 02-03-2011, 11:30 AM #15
Reverend Blood
Veteran

-->
Reverend Blood is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Pinpoint
Living in northern Florida, we get nice hot weather in the summer, but in winter it can get as low as 12 degrees f. Now, I'm not fond of cold weather, and I hate snow even more. But I find myself wishing for it, now that I have a small arctic team for both sides. I'm kind of anxious to due some "winter" dios.

Where at in N. FL pinpoint?

I'm northeast Florida myself, so i'm dying with anticipation to close on the house my wife and I are buying so I can finally get some outdoor shots taken.

As a florida native i've never really seen a reason to collect the winter troops, which sucks because I like their design, I just suck at making fake environments.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:03 PM #16
roguetiger
Veteran

-->
roguetiger is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Blood
As a florida native i've never really seen a reason to collect the winter troops, which sucks because I like their design, I just suck at making fake environments.

Thats where imagination takes over just when playing with them yourself......though pics wise yea....

Old 02-03-2011, 05:30 PM #17
ThinkTank
Unmasked

-->
ThinkTank is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldbug

Nothing like those tiny flurries that close down everything in the south!

I got less then 3 inches of snow and the wind chill down to -10 or so. It is the coldest it has been in this part of Texas for years for 3 days straight. You would think the world is ending here. Supermarket crashing and cars lined up into the street for gas the day before and everything shutting down the next day. It's hilarious to watch people over react to relatively minor weather. I shudder to think what happens when the actual Ice Age comes.