Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Getting Your Hose Under Control
Old 06-19-2010, 03:17 AM #1
Otto the Otter
"Toot" Spelled inside out

-->
Otto the Otter will become famous soon enough -->
Default Getting Your Hose Under Control

I just got a 25th Ripper. I like the fact that his Jaws-Of-Life can be attached to his back pack, but the way the hose sticks out behind him was not so cool. It makes it so you can't stand anyone behind him or you'd have to keep him about an inch and a half or so in front of a wall.

Since I started customizing about a year ago, I've learned to keep anything and everything that might come in use later on down the road, including those twist tie dimi-widgets that secure toys into their packages.

As you can see, they are just slightly narrower in diameter than the hoses and they slide in really easily. When you measure the twist tie to the hose, make sure you make it's roughly 1/8 inch or so from either end to accomodate the peg that the hose mounts to on whichever accesory you're putting it.

Once the hose is in place on the figure, you can shape the hose how ever you want to pose it. On this particualr application there wasn't a lot to play with as the Jaws-Of-Life fall off the back pack very easilly, so you need to be careful here, but on other applications you may have more leeway. I may glue the hose so it stays on place.

Some people, when trying to avoid thinking about those things that cause them pain, turn to drink, or perhaps food, or drugs... I turn not to any of those... I collect action figures, turning my mind to the hunt, so that I might find a mote of peace... Over the years, I've found that alcoholism is much more socially acceptable by far.