correct!!!

Old 06-12-2012, 06:01 AM #22
zedhatch
Veteran

-->
zedhatch is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade
Me too, I tried to post in their toy forum, and there wasn't much but some complaining. And in the cartoon forum, a lot of the same. it's almost endless bickering. I actually think that sometimes the immaturity there can be funny, but it also becomes very empty when everybody's doing it. It's almost absurd.

And by the way, alexx short shots' are among some of the funniest reviews and overall GI Joe comedy that is out there. He's something else.

I generally go first to Joedios to check out some cool photos, the HISSTANK front page for news, their custom forum to see the new stuff guys are doing, generalsjoes also for news or for nice, full shot reviews of figures, and then that's about it. I used to go to joecustoms, but found some of their mods to be out of line at times and run it like a "if you don't like it, it's our yard and you can leave" rather than come to an understanding. Which is fine. I left.

I agree, Alexx is great, I keep telling him he needs his own site LOL. But he says he is a techno-phobic and wouldn't know how to do it.

On Hisstank, I have found that if you give back what you are given they tend to mellow considerably, but really who wants to go through all of that. I just noticed the first time I posted there someone really peeved me off and I blasted back and ever since then I have had only very few instances of that. It's kind of like if they know you won't take it they leave you be or something (someone once suggested it's like hazing or something). I only hop in there once in a while and only post on threads that are semi-interesting (rare).

I have a big long list of sites I visit that are Joe, MU and SW related, I try to hit them up once a week at least but I have no preffered order. All sites (besides Hisstank LOL) have thier good and bad qualities.

http://www.zedsjoesite.com Home Scale Wars updated Mon-Fri Every Week

Old 06-12-2012, 10:58 AM #23
Renegade
Veteran

-->
Renegade is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmobfaelnar15
correct. i always wonder whats hisstank function in the joe community and the only thing i could think off is the customs.everything else; dio stories (joedios / zedsite), information (generalsjoes) or reviews (again the 3 plus alexx shortshots) they all fell short.i havent visit joecustoms so i might try it sometimes (just to satisfy my curiosity ). In terms of cartoon forums, i havent check them out but i guess ill see the same issues there (specially on the animation style of renegades), and i dont want to argue with them (specially since i havent watch the sigma 6 cartoons so i cant properly compare the 80s era with sigma 6 style or renegades).

you got me there.actually one of the reasons why i came back to collecting gijoe is because of alexx reviews. i always think that he can apply as one of the writers of robot chicken or some adult cartoon show.his humour is perfect for that type of entertainment.

I had to LOL as to trying to find out what HISSTANK functions as in the Joe community, I think I know what you mean. It's just, kind of there. It's a large community, but very noisy I'd say. Their front page however, is great for me to keep updated on GI Joe news, so it makes their site get a lot of traffic I believe. And with that, a large forum.

You're right on about their customs area, because to me it's their shining star. It's why I don't have to go to Joecustoms, the same guys post their work on HISSTANK 90% of the time, as well as a bunch who don't. I see people make all sorts of movie figure, video game, clothes, some parts from other companies, and all together awe me with their talents.

The cartoon forum over there was full on with negative comments, and about things that I never even considered about the toons. You can't please everyone at one time, and being that it's a large site I just see every possible side argue with each other ad naseum. And a lot of it isn't really intellectual discourse, per say, as much as it was angry/childish/silly.

I think the different Joe communities attract like minds, and their forums show that. with that said, Cheers to Joedios!

Regenesis: The Return to The Killing Fields
Born Again

"...and they formed a band the likes of which have never been seen! And they called themselves Renegade and LRRP"

Old 06-12-2012, 11:01 AM #24
Renegade
Veteran

-->
Renegade is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedhatch
I agree, Alexx is great, I keep telling him he needs his own site LOL. But he says he is a techno-phobic and wouldn't know how to do it.

On Hisstank, I have found that if you give back what you are given they tend to mellow considerably, but really who wants to go through all of that. I just noticed the first time I posted there someone really peeved me off and I blasted back and ever since then I have had only very few instances of that. It's kind of like if they know you won't take it they leave you be or something (someone once suggested it's like hazing or something). I only hop in there once in a while and only post on threads that are semi-interesting (rare).

I have a big long list of sites I visit that are Joe, MU and SW related, I try to hit them up once a week at least but I have no preffered order. All sites (besides Hisstank LOL) have thier good and bad qualities.

You know I do want to make my own site, but I have have been diagnosed with a very similar problem

And as as for HISSTANK, for sure. I still post, hopefully with their large community the good folks will reply and it's all worth it.

I used to go to a lot of sites, including Toynewsi (a precursor to HISSTANK I would think) but I just stick to the old reliables now.

Regenesis: The Return to The Killing Fields
Born Again

"...and they formed a band the likes of which have never been seen! And they called themselves Renegade and LRRP"

Old 06-12-2012, 11:16 AM #25
zedhatch
Veteran

-->

Quote:
I used to go to a lot of sites, including Toynewsi (a precursor to HISSTANK I would think) but I just stick to the old reliables now.

I visited TNI recently, it seems kind of (to put it mildly) dead. I think part of it is that they have split off into so many sub-sites (Jedi Temple, Marvolous news, just to name a few) that there is no community there anymore as everyone is off in thier own special tangent.

Old 06-13-2012, 12:59 AM #26
elmobfaelnar15
Veteran

-->
elmobfaelnar15 is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:

really?kinda ironic.it would be cool if that happens.

thats my stand also on hiss tank.just looking at the site once a week for just the updates and customs.anything else i tend to leave it behind.

off topic i usually go to your site but i notice that most of your review links are the old ones.i usually go here or joebattlelines forum just to access your new reviews.is it me or is there a column or web button there i havent seen where you hide your new reviews?great site by the way

Old 06-13-2012, 01:09 AM #27
elmobfaelnar15
Veteran

-->

Quote:
I had to LOL as to trying to find out what HISSTANK functions as in the Joe community, I think I know what you mean. It's just, kind of there. It's a large community, but very noisy I'd say. Their front page however, is great for me to keep updated on GI Joe news, so it makes their site get a lot of traffic I believe. And with that, a large forum.

You're right on about their customs area, because to me it's their shining star. It's why I don't have to go to Joecustoms, the same guys post their work on HISSTANK 90% of the time, as well as a bunch who don't. I see people make all sorts of movie figure, video game, clothes, some parts from other companies, and all together awe me with their talents.

The cartoon forum over there was full on with negative comments, and about things that I never even considered about the toons. You can't please everyone at one time, and being that it's a large site I just see every possible side argue with each other ad naseum. And a lot of it isn't really intellectual discourse, per say, as much as it was angry/childish/silly.

I think the different Joe communities attract like minds, and their forums show that. with that said, Cheers to Joedios!

haha..yeah.when i visit their site i keep thinking people here are just two simpson type characters: smart ass comic book guy and sarcastic bully nelson.

thats the main reason i go there.either to look at their amazing customs or just get inspiration for kitbashing.i see some threads there specifying they sell custom figures and accessories,are they really the real deal or just scammers?i kept flip-flopping if ill try buying from a certain customizer there but im really worried about card security since they usually are small business entities (unlike BBTS or other web based sellers where you can verify their company and be secure about your cash transactions).

Youre right about the cartoon forum. that why i tend to shy away from those threads since you really cant please that crowd.different strokes for different folks is what i usually say to them.

Amen to Joedios, where you can get an intelligent answer without any sarcastic comments.

Old 06-13-2012, 01:13 AM #28
elmobfaelnar15
Veteran

-->

Quote:
I visited TNI recently, it seems kind of (to put it mildly) dead. I think part of it is that they have split off into so many sub-sites (Jedi Temple, Marvolous news, just to name a few) that there is no community there anymore as everyone is off in thier own special tangent.

really?thats new news to me.
off topic why did you discontinued your "the many faces" series?i think you still havent touched duke, destro, scarlett and boba fett (correct me if im wrong there)?they're funny and informative.

!
Old 06-13-2012, 03:51 AM #29
neapolitan joe
G.I.JOE ITALIAN COLLECTOR

-->
neapolitan joe will become famous soon enough -->
Thumbs up !

There is no site with so much Joe pics like Joedios...

http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/bro...r&imageuser=444

Old 06-13-2012, 11:25 PM #30
zedhatch
Veteran

-->

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmobfaelnar15
really?kinda ironic.it would be cool if that happens.

thats my stand also on hiss tank.just looking at the site once a week for just the updates and customs.anything else i tend to leave it behind.

off topic i usually go to your site but i notice that most of your review links are the old ones.i usually go here or joebattlelines forum just to access your new reviews.is it me or is there a column or web button there i havent seen where you hide your new reviews?great site by the way

Yeah I had updated my review links page, but forgot to upload it LOL. Just did a few days ago when I realized I had screwed it up:

http://www.zedsjoesite.com/review.html