dancontrino
That guy

-->
dancontrino is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by giTom
giTom - Tom Brooks
living on the south side of Atlanta, GA

As far as posted ages, I'm laying first claim to the oldest guy here - I'm 47. I've been married to Lisa, a wonderful woman, for the past 25 years this year. Yea, go us! We have a 22 year old son at Georgia Tech and a 15 year old daughter in high school.

I finally decided what I wanted to be when I grew up when I was around 40 - went back to school, got my BS in middle grades education and later my Masters in Instructional Technology. I've been a teacher for the past 5 years, with 3 of those being in Instructional Tech. That position is being eliminated next year due to budget cuts, so I'll be back in the classroom. Spent too many years in retail and other crap jobs prior to teaching.

Hope to be debt free except for the house in 3 months.

On my iPod, I have everything from Vivaldi and Bach to King Crimson, Jean Michel Jarre to Pink Floyd, Emerson, Lake & Palmer to Breaking Benjamin and Tool - weird musical tastes.

I grew up with the classic 12" GI Joe line from the 60's and 70's - had some awesome stuff. I bought my first 3 3/4" Joe in 1982 when I was 19 and have been addicted to the little guys ever since. Bought a ton of the 12" guys in the 90's and early 00's. My passion for Joes is torn between the 3.75" and 12" guys. The little guys dominate the market and my interest right now and Hasbro's 1/6th offerings are crap.

I've sold off way too much of my 80's-90's Joe line but the pride and joy of my entire collection is my Defiant Shuttle Complex. Joedios rocks and is my fave GI Joe site on the web. Lot's of great folks here!

Tom...jean-michael jarre rocks! Equinoxe is crazy good music!

Old 02-24-2010, 05:15 PM #32
Death_at_Midnight
Cobra R & D

-->
Death_at_Midnight is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancontrino
Tom...jean-michael jarre rocks! Equinoxe is crazy good music!

Agreed.. This gets into the realm of music I tend to listen to the most: Vangelis, Amethystium, Kraftwerk, Neuronium, Rahael (music to disappear in, etc), and stuff like from the Hearts of Space radio program.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:13 PM #33
erectusbee
Thrift Shop Ninja

-->
erectusbee is on a distinguished road -->

Hi there the name is Frederick A. Bueno from the Philippines. I used to have lots of toys back then but i gave them away during my adolescent stage because i thought it's no longer appropriate to play with toys and action figures. Until by the year of 2008 i saw newly released gi joe figures on shelves again so i decided to collect storm shadow and snake eyes but eventually it became more addictive i bought everything that is appealing and awesome to me.

My interest in photography and visual art stimulated my desire to collect action figures. you could take pictures with it and share to everybody who is also interested making photographs or dios of these little plastic friends.

Graduated my BS-Nursing last 2008 although i did not want the course. I ended up being a call center representative for 6 months and recently unemployed due to some family trips and board exam.

Reaching my 26 years of age this coming April and hopefully find another job for my toy needs

Last edited by erickBUENO! : 03-02-2010 at 10:53 PM.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:26 AM #34
the commander
G.I. Joe Freak

-->
the commander is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via AIM to the commander Send a message via MSN to the commander

The Commander= Carmine M. Sicca age 33.
I an a former soilder with the Army. I was a 44B that's a metal worker, I was stationed in Fort Drum N.Y. with 10 Mountain Division. I did just under 1 year due to an injury incurred during basic training which was at Fort Knox. I live the city where I grew up New York baby, where I am a chauffeur. I am married to Jess who I meet at A.I.T. (advanced Individual training) in maryland. we have a adorable little 11 month old named Lawrence and Jess ia pregnant with our daughter Rebecca Lynn, due in August. I have always loved G.I. Joe since I was a little kid along with Transformers, Gobots, M.A.S.K., Starcom,The Smurfs,and so on.
My wife is always giving me crap for my Joe obession. I also love video games and movies. that's me in a nutshell.

(\_/)
(O.o) This is Bunny.
(> <)
Copy Bunny into your signature and help him on his way of world domination.

Last edited by the commander : 03-03-2010 at 09:02 AM.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:41 PM #35
seyms
Not Enough Time

-->
seyms is on a distinguished road -->

Hi. My name is Seymour. I live in England. I'm 33 years of age and I was into transformers for a while before I got into joes (action force). Back in the 80s the UK transformers comic started to incorporate reprinted US marvel joe stories into its pages, and I really got into it. I stopped collecting the toys and comics in the early 90s.

Only got back into joes just before summer 09. Bought a couple of 25th figures at first, but realised I wasn't so much into reminders of the old days (except for IGs), so it's been the ROC line for me.

I have a BA in Animation, which I got 10 years ago, but I could not find work in the industry back then, so I did not do much with it until a few months ago when I started working at an elementary school introducing the kids to basic animation. It gave me the confidence to try some of my own stuff after so many years. Also taught myself a bit about photography. I was scared to touch Photoshop or similar software until my wife calmed me down and taught me the basics. Thank goodness she did!

My main interest in joes now is in doing storytelling and making dio-stories, so it was a pleasant surprise to find joedios. It's been so great being here and seeing everyone's ideas and work, and being inspired by it.

Last edited by seyms : 03-22-2010 at 06:26 PM.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:16 PM #36
Cobra Freak
Veteran

-->
Cobra Freak is on a distinguished road -->

My name is Andrew and I am 17 I'm done school in a few short months I will be moving up to London Ontario two hours away from home to go into a photography program there with my friend. I also might start working on a new Dragonball series with some one I met on a forum. It will be an official cartoon I have been collecting vintage joes since I was about 11. My first gi joes where Sgt. Savage, D-day, General Blitz and the Iron stormtrooper. The first vehicle I got was the Grizzly jeep from Sgt. Svage and I also got the figure with the movie. So yeah I've been into Joe for a while.

Old 03-13-2010, 10:41 PM #37
Cap

-->
Cap is on a distinguished road -->

Eric Vaughan, but universally known as simply "Cap".

Been many things at different times, until becoming disabled in 1996. Spent the better time when not writing or other artistic endeavors fleshing out dioramas and sets for a great many people.

When I am not doing that, I enjoy the customs, as most do, but unlike some I have basically two scales I enjoy, 1:18 naturally for the dios and stories, and 1:24 scale, which gives me the freedom to turn old Armies of Middle Earth Lord of the Rings figures, into personalities from Forgotten Realms, Morrowind, and even Dragonlance. Constantly enjoying the challenges that are sent my way.

Married to a lovely library assistant who is an artist as well, so that means absolutely no room at all in the one bedroom apartment.

All my children are near or over thirty, so that means that grandchildren range in age from 16 to newborn. Hitting the big 5-0 in a few weeks.

Diorama Rabbit

Also, some Elder Scrolls based dioramas and customs in two scales:

Morrowind Dioramas and Custom Action Figures

Old 03-15-2010, 06:56 AM #38
trauma-hawk

-->
trauma-hawk is on a distinguished road -->

trauma-hawk= Bob Devereaux
I am claiming to be the second oldest to post in this thread.
I am 44 years old and I live in Bradenton Florida, which is located on the west coast below Tampa, GO BUCS. I am married (24years) have 2 daughters 1 who is 23 and is a physical therapist she is married but no grand kids yet. My second daughter is 14 and a freshman in high school. For me I am a Lieutenant/Paramedic (hence the code-name) in an ALS fire rescue department and have been doing this for about 23 years. I started collecting Joes when they came out in 82 and have not stopped yet. I enjoy customizing Joe figures (mostly the original body style), camping and spending time with the family. I also collect military vehicles from other toy lines and place them into my Joe "world"

Old 03-17-2010, 12:46 PM #39
Rambo
ARAH for O-ringers

-->
Rambo is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via MSN to Rambo

Trauma.... your first post in 5 years. Welcome aboard. Do you have pics of your customs?

HEROES DON'T DIE, THEY JUST RELOAD

Old 03-18-2010, 04:16 AM #40
giTom
Reasonably Intelligent

-->
giTom is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by trauma-hawk
trauma-hawk= Bob Devereaux
I am claiming to be the second oldest to post in this thread.
I am 44 years old and I live in Bradenton Florida

Looks like you may be #3 in the age bracket - Cap is turning 50 soon, I'm hanging in at 47 and you're at 44.

Old guys rule!

Let's talk Joes! Stop by my blog!