Go Back   JoeDios.com Forums > Discussion Forums > JoeDioes.com Forum
User Name
Password

Old 03-05-2005, 06:32 PM #11
Pit Viper

-->
Pit Viper is on a distinguished road -->
Red face

I'd like to get what I consider to be the "Cobra Theme". Not the song from the Statue of Liberty scene at the opening of the Movie but rather the song that plays AFTER that when Pythona is inflatrating the Terror Drome. I love that song! I could do it myself (I own the VHS version) but it would have all the sound effects and what not. Hell maybe I will do it myself and see how it turns out. No harm in trying.

Almost forgot - THANK YOU FOR DOING THIS. I love the music from the old toon. So many people just think of the Main Title when they think of Joe music but I get those jazzy 70s like action tunes in my head anytime I imagine a Joe going into battle.

EDIT: OK I guess it's not when Pythona shows up but rather when they first show Cobra Island.

EDIT Again: Nevermind, my VCR just ate the tape.

Last edited by Pit Viper : 03-05-2005 at 06:57 PM.

Old 03-06-2005, 11:40 AM #12
Self-Modifier
Crossover King Emeritus

-->
Self-Modifier is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Viper
I'd like to get what I consider to be the "Cobra Theme". Not the song from the Statue of Liberty scene at the opening of the Movie but rather the song that plays AFTER that when Pythona is inflatrating the Terror Drome. I love that song! I could do it myself (I own the VHS version) but it would have all the sound effects and what not. Hell maybe I will do it myself and see how it turns out. No harm in trying.

Almost forgot - THANK YOU FOR DOING THIS. I love the music from the old toon. So many people just think of the Main Title when they think of Joe music but I get those jazzy 70s like action tunes in my head anytime I imagine a Joe going into battle.

EDIT: OK I guess it's not when Pythona shows up but rather when they first show Cobra Island.

EDIT Again: Nevermind, my VCR just ate the tape.

Sorry to hear about the tape! I think I know the tune you mean... I'll make sure to get it when I start doing this again in the future.

I really like the 70s sound to the old music too. You can't top that groovy disco guitar! I actually used to hum a lot of this music when I played with Joes as a kid... I've never been able to play a single musical instrument, but I've always had a very good ear for recognizing and reproducing tunes. If only I'd had then what I have now, I could have saved myself some effort.

Also, per people's requests, we have added the main title to G.I. Joe: The Movie, as well as the commercial break bumpers with the narrator's voice to the music page, so anyone who's interested can go have a look.

-The Self-Modifier

Old 03-08-2005, 10:15 PM #13
danielb

-->
danielb is on a distinguished road -->

totally bad assed. now i can play the opening theme to the movie over and over and over

and over.

It caused me to jump out of the unregistered lurker pool and in to the deep end.

dan

Old 03-08-2005, 10:57 PM #14
Hammerfel
Administrator

-->
Hammerfel will become famous soon enough -->

Send a message via ICQ to Hammerfel Send a message via AIM to Hammerfel Send a message via MSN to Hammerfel Send a message via Yahoo to Hammerfel

Well, welcome aboard!

Old 03-09-2005, 03:41 PM #15
MightyMegs

-->
MightyMegs is on a distinguished road -->

First time poster here... thanks so much for the great site, especially the music downloads! I have the movie theme on repeat, playing full blast as I type. And I can't agree with PitViper enough... I would love to get the Cobra/Terrordrome theme from the movie, along with the movie end titles. I wish I knew how to do these kinds of rips, so I could contribute, instead of just beg.
Anywho... thanks again, and I look forward to talking Joe with everyone.

Old 11-01-2005, 04:35 PM #16
thecommander

-->
thecommander is on a distinguished road -->

Its great to finally see all the Joe music up on the internet, I thank you very much sir! I always enjoyed the background music, but I did notice one of the major themese from the cartoon was missing, the Battle theme they usually used(which was also used on Transformers), I cant really describe it but its used in the opening battle of Pyramid of Darkness

Old 11-01-2005, 04:58 PM #17
Self-Modifier
Crossover King Emeritus

-->
Self-Modifier is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecommander
Its great to finally see all the Joe music up on the internet, I thank you very much sir! I always enjoyed the background music, but I did notice one of the major themese from the cartoon was missing, the Battle theme they usually used(which was also used on Transformers), I cant really describe it but its used in the opening battle of Pyramid of Darkness

I know the one you mean, but it's from the second composer to work on the show. All the files I created are from Johnny Douglas, the first composer (he only wrote music for the original 1983 mini series, but it was recycled throughout the second mini and the rest of the series).

The second, more orchestral sounding (and in my opinion more generic sounding) music was created by Rob Walsh for use in both the G.I. Joe and Transformers cartoons. I may someday make MP3s of those too, because even though I don't like it as much, I do still like it... though when I might get to it is anyone's guess (including mine!!).

But anyway, thanks a lot for the feedback!

Old 11-02-2005, 10:21 AM #18
Raven
Veteran

-->
Raven is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via MSN to Raven

Awsome!!
I was amazed at how hard the music has been to find... and then I see it all here...
I love you!

Thanks!
Old 11-25-2005, 02:10 AM #19
neuro.sys

-->
neuro.sys is on a distinguished road -->
Default Thanks!

I had to sign up just to say thanks so much for taking the time to do this. AWESOME! If you are taking requests, I'd like the "Cold Slither" song as well as the Joe version that they sing afterwards. Both are so cheesy, but cool. Also, any Joe movie stuff is cool. It sounds very Transformery, but I love TF also!

Old 05-28-2007, 04:55 PM #20
wildedge

-->
wildedge is on a distinguished road -->

I'm glad I'm not the only fan of GI Joe and Transformers back ground music on here also. I really wish Walsh would release a CD of that music. I'd so buy it in a heart beat. Some times I just play my DVD's just to listen to the music.

Thanks for sharing from a first time poster and a long time fan.