User Name
Password

Old 10-17-2010, 02:37 PM #111
sgcaper
Zombie Hunter

-->
sgcaper is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via AIM to sgcaper

I may have posted when I joined but I figured I'd jump on and introduce myself again.

I'm a high school science teacher. I also teach a class on making comics and cartoons and I run the action figure club where students learn how to customize.

I've been customizing since I was a kid but got back into it about 5 years ago.

My photo skills are good. My issue is time. I have very little time to take photos. I also lack room. I made a few sets over the years but storage is a pain. I'm working on a few dio sets for backgrounds in pics for my new site but it's going slow.

Well that's about all for me.

Check out the ATR

www.allthatremains2010.webs.com

Old 10-17-2010, 03:01 PM #112
pbarny1701
Teaching The Next Gen

-->
pbarny1701 is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via AIM to pbarny1701 Send a message via MSN to pbarny1701 Send a message via Yahoo to pbarny1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgcaper
I'm a high school science teacher. I also teach a class on making comics and cartoons and I run the action figure club where students learn how to customize.

Bless you sir! (Or is it curse you?) As a practicing research scientist I get to train a new undergraduate every year in my boss' small lab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Friedman
In China, Bill Gates is Britney Spears. In America, Britney Spears is Britney Spears. That's our problem

My Blog, Pics and More
Customs Blog
Add Yoursel to MY MAP
Me on Facebook

Is for constructive criticism (will even settle for destructive) just anything but "Nice shot" or "Awesome".

introduction
Old 10-18-2010, 08:32 PM #113
Rick
Veteran

-->
Rick is on a distinguished road -->
Default introduction

Hello Everybody. Well I only started doing this stuff at the begining of this year. Was a hobbyist as a kid, but once I found chicks, beer and sports I drifted until this past Christmas when I bought a present for a friends son. I've been searching through pegs ever since.

Joined the fighting 118th in early spring mainly because I never really followed GI Joe and felt a little intimidated. Nice small community over there like Major Blood said more into the scale than any one brand. Joes sort of has the best to offer so now that I'm a little more familiar with story line and characters I decided to take Tracker & Major Bloods advice to check you guys out.

I love customs and dio's. Have my own story in my head and try to mesh with GI Joe world. Still haveing trouble accepting Cobra blue and Red, but I'll get over it surely.

Thanks for all the kind comments and please feel free to tell me if something stinks. I have thick skin.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:25 PM #114
MAJOR BLOOD

-->
MAJOR BLOOD is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
Hello Everybody. Well I only started doing this stuff at the begining of this year. Was a hobbyist as a kid, but once I found chicks, beer and sports I drifted until this past Christmas when I bought a present for a friends son. I've been searching through pegs ever since.

Joined the fighting 118th in early spring mainly because I never really followed GI Joe and felt a little intimidated. Nice small community over there like Major Blood said more into the scale than any one brand. Joes sort of has the best to offer so now that I'm a little more familiar with story line and characters I decided to take Tracker & Major Bloods advice to check you guys out.

I love customs and dio's. Have my own story in my head and try to mesh with GI Joe world. Still haveing trouble accepting Cobra blue and Red, but I'll get over it surely.

Thanks for all the kind comments and please feel free to tell me if something stinks. I have thick skin.

Glad you made it over Rick. Your work is top notch and your cardboard architecture is simply amazing.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:25 AM #115
dracconian
Veteran

-->
dracconian is on a distinguished road -->

hi everyone.
im 33 and from sweden.
i work at one of swedens bigger internet service providers as second line support for the moment.
been browsing the site for a long time before i registered and started posting anything.

iver collected for about a year now maybe more im not sure.
im sort of a creative person i paint and draw and try almost everything i can think of to be creative.

i got into diorama building a while back and slipped into this site.
my stepparents threw my shit out on some fleamarket and while visiting this site i got this huge loss over the fact they sold my gi joe figures.

i held them dear to my heart so i figured i would buy it all back.
the idea was to combine diorama making with the figures.

its been slow and hard work..and finally after manny overpayed broken gijoes realised that its more logic to go for the 25th series so i can get them in better condition.
and i feel it was a wise choice no more disappointed broken rusten glued figures with hidden defects.

i have been creating bakgrounds and stuff for a dio story for almost a year.
its gonna be huge.
i dont post pics of it for im saving it for the story.
its really annoying.
started to write a story line but its not done yet.
i suck at taking pictures have a i learned in the process )

the more i think of the story the more figures and stuff i need so i feel like im never really getting there in a way.

im trying to get into sculpting and later on casting stuff in plastics but it doesnt seem to be easy for me so the learning curve is high but time will tell.

gijoe collecting is kinda of a way to brighten up the grey boring everyday work eat sleep cycle for me.

its a lot todo before i can launch my dio so i will try to learn to post more often smaller pictures i need the practice with the camera.

i just wish to thank everyone on this site for sharing their knowledge and fantasy and creative inner child.

i think the world would be a alot more fun place if everyone did just that
thank you for your time.

back in action
Old 11-20-2010, 09:20 AM #116
nando
Odontólogo Titulado

-->
nando is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via MSN to nando
Default back in action

Hi people , well im back in action , back to the hobbie , for the people that doesnt know me im Nando ( well Fernando) from Lima , PERU ,a big joe fan thanks , hope u like mi pics

En mi casa he reunido juguetes pequeños y grandes
sin los cuales no podria vivir.
El niño que no juega no es niño
pero el hombre que no juega perdio para siempre
al niño que vivia en el ..... ........Pablo Neruda

Hello!
Old 12-11-2010, 01:29 PM #117
CPO

-->
CPO is on a distinguished road -->
Default Hello!

Hello Everyone!

I go by CPO, and i just recently discovered your site. I enjoy making customs, and i have started to dabble in dios and action shots. Seeing the work here, i know i have a long way to go, but that's part of the fun, right?

I normally hang out at TheTerrordrome, but i'd like to share some of my work here that i am proud of, and get some advice as i start creating dios and scenes...

Thanks!

CPO's GOAT LOCKER

Old 12-16-2010, 05:35 AM #118
Reverend Blood
Veteran

-->
Reverend Blood is on a distinguished road -->

Hey everyone, Rev here.
I've been stalking this site for a few years now, with ideas floating in my head that I never took the time to bring to life. Well, my early new year's resolution for 2011 is to stop thinking about it and make it happen, so i finally joined, and will hopefully be making submissions regularly.
I'm also hoping to bring my dio story to life and put it up on my page.

I'll be bugging everyone here for advice as well

Old 12-16-2010, 05:38 AM #119
Agent Viper
Legendary

-->
Agent Viper is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via Yahoo to Agent Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Blood
Hey everyone, Rev here.
I've been stalking this site for a few years now, with ideas floating in my head that I never took the time to bring to life. Well, my early new year's resolution for 2011 is to stop thinking about it and make it happen, so i finally joined, and will hopefully be making submissions regularly.
I'm also hoping to bring my dio story to life and put it up on my page.

I'll be bugging everyone here for advice as well

Great to meet you!

Glad to know JD is a part of your resolution

nice to meet you all
Old 03-05-2011, 07:05 PM #120
Stereoevil
Veteran

-->
Stereoevil is on a distinguished road -->
Default nice to meet you all

i just wanted to say hello and that i love the site, great ideas and this has gotten me back into "playing" with my joes again. thanks all.