Password

Sdcc Starscream
Old 08-18-2011, 04:03 PM #1
rds13601
I'm insane

-->
rds13601 is on a distinguished road -->
Thumbs down Sdcc Starscream

When I heard news of a Skystryker coming out of SDCC named STARSCREAM with Cobra Commander I was pretty excited and was thinking about getting one on Ebay. Sure the price was high but that's what you get for a toy that transforms from a jet into a robot right. Then I looked at the package and noticed and saw no pictures of STARSCREAM in robot mode. With the price in the 200 range I figured the plane would transform given that's how much the Transformer Takara Masterpiece series of transformers runs for. I also figured why would the price be so high if Hasbro was releasing single seat Skystrykers for roughly 40 bucks. There had to be something different with the SDCC one. Well other than a cool CC pilot there wasn't. Hasbro could have hit one out of the park if the STARSCREAM SKYSTRYKER transformed. Instead a different paint job, a name of a Transformer; a semi cool figure and a 40 dollar jet jacked up by 160 dollars. Btw the should name the movie Gi Joe 2 the Apology instead of Retaliation!

Old 08-18-2011, 04:49 PM #2
roguetiger
Veteran

-->
roguetiger is on a distinguished road -->

They never claimed it'd transform.... just that its color deco was that of StarScream...though technically it should have been a Night Raven like in the DDP books.... But I was in TRU and had a guy start screaming cuss words when he told me that TRU exclusive was the StarScream Skystriker and I told him NO it was a SDCC exclusive and that started him cussing up a STORM. Didn't think I'd ever stop laughing..

Sdcc
Old 08-18-2011, 05:37 PM #3
rds13601
I'm insane

-->
Default Sdcc

No they never claimed. However, why so much? To me they could've have made that extra step considering the price. Are we supposed to pay 140 dollars more because of a paint scheme.

Old 08-18-2011, 07:30 PM #4
roguetiger
Veteran

-->

Quote:
Originally Posted by rds13601
No they never claimed. However, why so much? To me they could've have made that extra step considering the price. Are we supposed to pay 140 dollars more because of a paint scheme.

It was only $50 IF you were able to get thru on Hasbrotoyshop on the Tues they went on sale... So its a considerable mark up but not worth it to me... Just not comic accurate for me..
Someone was selling repro's of the starscream stickers so you could make your own from a reg skystriker..

Sdcc Starscream
Old 08-19-2011, 07:07 AM #5
rds13601
I'm insane

-->
Default Sdcc Starscream

STill it would of been cooler if Hasbro had gone all out and btw STARSCREAM is a Skystryker from the Devil's Due Comic Gi Joe vs Transformers I and II from 2004 Graphic Novels

Old 08-19-2011, 11:54 AM #6
roguetiger
Veteran

-->

Quote:
STill it would of been cooler if Hasbro had gone all out and btw STARSCREAM is a Skystryker from the Devil's Due Comic Gi Joe vs Transformers I and II from 2004 Graphic Novels

Actually the HasbroToyShop says its from the Marvel series in which I haven't read...

Sdcc Starscream
Old 08-19-2011, 03:23 PM #7
rds13601
I'm insane

-->
Default Sdcc Starscream

Yeah he looks that way and a littlle whitish in the Marvel series. He appears black in the first Gi Joe vs Transformer novel to go along with the Energon figure then goes back to his originial colors in the second for the first wave of Voyager sets Still with a Grimlock masterpiece at about 140 on EBAY I am still convinced the toy would have kicked ass if it had transformed. Also why the Cold Slither Zarana? A Zandar figure with Zarana would have been cooler. Just my 2 cents. End of my bitchin!!

Last edited by rds13601 : 08-19-2011 at 04:37 PM. Reason: More content

Old 08-19-2011, 03:50 PM #8
Da Talent
That Light Dude

-->
Da Talent is an unknown quantity at this point -->

I was lucky and got it for $50. I really like it.

Old 08-19-2011, 05:31 PM #9
roguetiger
Veteran

-->

Quote:
Yeah he looks that way and a littlle whitish in the Marvel series. He appears black in the first Gi Joe vs Transformer novel to go along with the Energon figure then goes back to his originial colors in the second for the first wave of Voyager sets Still with a Grimlock masterpiece at about 140 on EBAY I am still convinced the toy would have kicked ass if it had transformed. Also why the Cold Slither Zarana? A Zandar figure with Zarana would have been cooler. Just my 2 cents. End of my bitchin!!

IF it transformed it would have been at least $250 to start and be selling for over a Grand each I bet.. Cause then the Joe fans would have had to battle the die hard Transformer fans for it as well..

Old 08-19-2011, 11:48 PM #10
tycondrius23
Great Gorgon

-->
tycondrius23 is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Talent
I was lucky and got it for $50. I really like it.

Do I detect there may be some lights added to this when you get it ? or other customisation?