View Single Post

Old 01-29-2011, 07:59 PM #14
WildWeasel
Ground Support Pilot

-->
WildWeasel is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoman
I was going to try and put something together too, but for some reason you think that the Terrordrome is the only site on the internet allowed to have contests. That's kind of hypocritical. Really, I even said that I thought it'd be something fun for people over there to do here too, so I don't see how my comment was taken so poorly, but frankly, I don't care either!

LOL, whatever floats your boat man. I can take from that it means the whole point of your contests are to take people from here and get them posting there? Because if you're shutting down the contest it means that either A: You can't take slight negativity at all and your emotions have gotten the better of you, or B: The whole point of this is to get talent from here actively dealing with and building your site. As, after all, if it weren't wouldn't you leave it open to your own members?

I really don't care if you can't take any negativity. "Selfish" would be exactly what I would use to describe the Terrordrome as as well. If you wanted to even try and salvage the situation, you could've made a more carefully thought out and phrased post.

At this point, no I don't want to salvage anything with you. You think you didn't sound selfish? Please. I can take negativity, but when you guys start attacking an idea that was meant to be fun, why should I sit idly by?

At Joshdahl:

Hey, I get that you're trying to make things better here. I wish Wild Weasel had done that too instead of throwing a tantrum. I'll also apologize for carrying on, but please understand that at the very least I wanted to respond when someone says I'm the problem with an entire community.

You don't go and say, great idea, but I think we should do it here when you guys have a closed membership for one (or at least used to, I apologize if that has changed). Two, it was our idea we put together and thought you guys might like to get in on it. If you were thinking down the road we could try something, that is totally different, but this is now.

As for trying to "take people form here", that is not and will never be our intention. The idea is you post something here and let us know so we can link it up at our site. If you would have asked, instead of making assumptions, you wouldn't have to accuse us/me of this. We don't force people to join our site for anything. You can view any piece of news or image on our site and not be a member unlike other sites. We are an open site.

I'm throwing a "tantrum" because some of you here seem to think we have an ulterior motive here when we were just looking to have fun between two Joe sites. And I didn't say you specifically was what was wrong with the community, but you certainly aren't helping the view of it.

I apologize to those that are good people here, but I am still bothered by those that felt the need to attack this.