View Single Post

Old 07-13-2017, 11:56 AM #37
ThinkTank
Unmasked

-->
ThinkTank is on a distinguished road -->

My name is Josh and I'm addicted to scale models. Gi Joe was my favorite toy as a kid because it was the most poseable action figure and they had the coolest guns and backpacks. My first was a straight arm Flash and I was 8 years old. You can do that math. Before that I had star wars and Sgt. Rock figures and tonka toys. I stopped playing with Joes around 14 years old (whenever BattleForce 2000 came out) to concentrate on not looking like a weird nerd. That didn't work out so well and I went cold turkey on toys until I saw the Modern Peacekeepers guard towers in 06 or whatever. Hooked. I bought 4 of them, all the vehicles and all the sets. I painted them and customized and accessorized. I made a big dirt fort out in the cotton field with my kid. Then they did the 25A set and thats all she wrote. I found JoeDios and I discovered the figures were a means to an end. The think I really like is making sets and constructs and populating them with good looking figures and taking pictures of them. I got fairly decent at it. Life changes and people pass and I wasn't so stressed at work and home anymore that I needed the escape of toy photography to stay sane. At this time, Wifey and I live in an RV while she follows her dream of travel nursing. We sold our house and gave most of our possessions away. Almost all of my toys are in storage and have been for almost 2 years. I have been building model cars, but Mad Max style, not shiny and new. I am working on Gundam models and plan on some dios with those. I have gotten into Maschinen Krieger (awesome models...Futuristic WW2 style armored suits and whatnot)

I have always lurked and wanted to comment more and take pics but I don't have the space and time like I used to. I'm working on it. I buy new figures when they come out if I like them. I go to thrift stores and toy stores often to find dio pieces and accessories. I'm still here and probably always will be.