View Single Post

Old 06-21-2010, 04:08 AM #3
Otto the Otter
"Toot" Spelled inside out

-->
Otto the Otter will become famous soon enough -->

The crew memebers are made up of Shipwreck v1 with various heads.
I think Wheelhouse's head is a CORPS! head.
The Flight Deck Crew are made up of Tripwire and Flash/Grand Slam torsos and Tripwire heads.
The arms, waists and legs are from the Green Shirts.

Real flight deck crewmen wear a coloured jackets depicting what job they are performing on the flight deck and the wear helmets with ear protection. The Tripwire heads were perfect for this application since they have a full helmet, goggles and the ear phones he has attached to his mine detecting equipment look like hearing protection.

I wish I could have found more Grand Salm/Flash torsos as I think they look better, but the Tripwire torsos look pretty good. My intention was just to paint just the pads, but Tripwire doesn't have pads on the back like the Flash/Grand Slam, so I opted to paint the whole torso. The tape is reflective tape worn on the uniforms so the crew members are seen more easliy at night.

Much thanks to Bcost over at JoeCustoms for the paint work.

Some people, when trying to avoid thinking about those things that cause them pain, turn to drink, or perhaps food, or drugs... I turn not to any of those... I collect action figures, turning my mind to the hunt, so that I might find a mote of peace... Over the years, I've found that alcoholism is much more socially acceptable by far.