View Single Post

Old 08-11-2017, 09:30 PM #18
DaveCW2
Happy Camera Fun Time!

-->
DaveCW2 is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Phibes
Since returning, got to meet people holding down the fort here. Selvaland and Barka. Also got to see that Neopolitan Joe is still holding strong. And DaveCW2 who is one of my absolute faves can still throw down and make me feel like a noob. (Speir does that too, but at least here, ya'll don't do Kamen rider. lol) Sorry if I left a few people out. Going off my crappy memory.

As Barka said, friends are made here. Crazy how true that is.

Thanks for the mention, Phibes! It's much appreciated. But honestly, we just have different styles. I'm really enjoying the more tactical look of your latest dio-story!

Ya know, it's hard to think of anyone from way back when I used to post regularly - 2007 - 2009-ish - as not being at the very least an online friend. We were all so encouraging to each other, and I remember noticing a massive spike in quality, which was so cool!

I'm not saying everyone around here isn't cool, now - I just haven't gotten to know some of you as well. But no worries, we'll get there

I have to give a shoutout to someone I haven't seen around here since my return: vader9900. Anyone who's new enough to not see his work should check him out - dude's a dio master!

Anywho, the reason he's getting a shoutout is this: he'd noticed how much of a Flint fan I was - and still am - and one day PMed me for my address. He was one of those super helpful dudes, and was always really cool on the boards, so I sent it to him. A few days later, he sent me a shotgun he'd customized for my then 25th Anniversary Flint! I named it Lucy - because who doesn't name their shotguns? - and took a whole lotta pics with it! One that shows it off can be found here.

I haven't used Lucy since my return because I've really be trying to get things as close to the 1985 look as possible, but I still have her - and she's not going anywhere.

Have fun, all!

Holy crap! There were five troop builders in 1985 - what am I getting myself into!?!