View Single Post

Stalker
Old 08-17-2012, 09:40 AM #182
Stalker
Veteran

-->
Stalker is on a distinguished road -->
Default Stalker

My name is Rob. I am a long-time "Stalker" on this site, and other Joe forums.

I took Lonzo's name because he's my favorite Joe, the heart of the Marvel continuity, and nobody else wanted to be called (a) Stalker. He was also my first Joe along with straight-arm SnakeEyes, Scarlett and Flash.

I gave all my toys away around 1993, frustrated by the changes in the line. There were a lot of things (characters / vehicles) I wanted to add to my collection that I had missed out on in previous years, but rather than rerelease them, Hasbro always seemed to Neonize them, Pythonize them or Tigerize them. (Or Mauraderize).

I got back in at the end of 2005 when I found out about the comic packs and finally could get my original 13 Joes with red collars. Also the TRU trooper six-pack (the first thing I got when I got back into collecting) was awesome and is probably still the best O-ring army builder of all time (give or take some issues like glued torsos).

GeneralsJoes, ViolentFix, Outrider and others inspired me to do dio-stories and photos. My efforts never lived up to my vision, but I am finally getting to the point where I am taking the pictures I want to take and I hope to revive my "Dio-verse" where it left off.

I have a website for these stories (cobracy.com -- an anagram of my name). I recently put my first and second comics back up. Take a look if you haven't seen them. I try to make them replete with "Easter Eggs." I hope to get more stories up by the end of the year.

Make mine G.I. Joe!!!