Working with Comic Book Creator Part #3
Old 06-12-2008, 06:23 PM #4
Urban Saboteur
Legendary Saboteur

-->
Urban Saboteur is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via MSN to Urban Saboteur
Post Working with Comic Book Creator Part #3

You can use the magnifying glass or alternatively you can hold down your left mouse button and drag the photo left or right to arrange it.
Once your satisfied simply repeat this process with the four images you have selected for your short comic book story. In my case i already have merrowlink pictures 1-4 in the same browsing folder, so it's a case of just repeating the first few steps to drag and drop them into the comic book window's where I want them.

In my case I have two images for the two window panes, now I need a new page, you simply click on the new page icon.

Here you will be given the template menu again which is the same one you get at the start of loading a new comic book.
I'll keep it simple this time and go for the same template for the basics of this tutorial. I've also marked off on Pic#7 where the page navigation menu is.

When you have more than one page you can use this menu to scroll and navigate between your pages in your comic book.
Now we are back to page 1 of the comic book.
Caption boxes are used to narrate your character through your story, as covered in the previous how-to or guide. I explained the rather trial and error process needed to do caption boxes in paint, it can be quite frustrating. Caption boxes using Comic Book Creator are real easy.

First you need to go to Caption Boxes menu which is in the top left. See pic#8

Once you've clicked this, it's simply a case of drag and drop on the caption box you want to pick that's available. I have a Marvel Add on Pack. I think the basic CBC Program does feature basic caption boxes, however all of them follow the same planetwide media rule. Drag and Drop and then resize or colour to the style you want.

Let's look at doing this. Pick one of the caption boxes, i'll pick this military green style one.
See pic#9.

I can click on this and the red squares appear on the outer edges, allowing me to drag this box around or resize it to where i want it to be or how big i want the caption box to be on the window.
Theres also a font menu for lettering, (see at the top of the main window) this is great for narrating your story, and as i promised in the first thread about the Paint application, theres no trial and error or mix up in size or fonts.. what you see on the screen is what you get. So i'll pick my font and type in the caption box what I want this part of the story to say.
See Pic#10.

Once you've done this, it's simply a case of repeating the steps with the other caption boxes in the other two photos on page 2. Speech balloons and thought' boxes are pretty much done in the same way as caption boxes, most of the application tools work on drag and drop.
In the next instalment of CBC How-To and Guide I'll be covering the publishing side of the application. Make sure you save your work. Go to File and Save, this will save it as a CBCx project file that is opened by Comic Book Creator applications.
Note that your comic book isn't published at this stage.

Next.. Publishing Your comic.
Urban Saboteur Stories

Social Sites & Communities
Facebook
Flickr
Tweet Me