Thread: Dio Mishaps?!
View Single Post

Dio Mishaps?!
Old 07-11-2017, 03:35 PM #1
G.I.*Jock
Pavel Srnicek

-->
G.I.*Jock is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via AIM to G.I.*Jock Send a message via MSN to G.I.*Jock Send a message via Yahoo to G.I.*Jock
Exclamation Dio Mishaps?!

I noticed a random picture of mine taken years ago on the homepage and had a little look through the comments. I was reminded of something I had totally forgotten about... Falling victim to a mini landslide...

Target Range: Shipwreck

Quote:
It was a was a terribly bitterly cold day here in Scotland. It had been raining constantly for days... I had my waterproof trousers on and a big waterproof coat. Obviously, as is so often the case, I had my Adidas trainers on. Perhaps not the best choice for treking through mud.

Anyway... there I was taking photo's. The cold was getting to me a little. So I had an idea about taking my mind off it... My Nokia 3250 MP3 Mobile/cell phone. I was the only one in a remote field so I thought what the hell... I was in the mood for some Springsteen... So I started walking around the muddy bank of the pond concentrating on my phone in a bid to get "Dancing in the Dark" blasting out of the speakers. The next thing I slipped. It was like the whole bit of ground moved under me... Which it did... Well the mud at least...

Anyway before I knew it I was on my hind end and the momentum of the fall and I imagine the waterproof trousers helped in me sliding into the pond. Both Camera and Phone in hand. Luckily I escaped with just wet feet. But I will exercise more caution next time.

I stayed for another 40 minutes or so before returning home. Bloody hard core so I am!.

So I am wondering what mishaps you have had when taking pics? - I'm sure I can think of a few others too!

D