View Single Post

Old 11-29-2010, 09:39 PM #14
Tracker
Veteran

-->
Tracker is on a distinguished road -->

Ok I was finally able to watch Renegades

In short good story, good animation "thought the art style is still very odd to me".

As I understand it Gi Joe hasn't officially formed up yet, so it will be interesting to see the evolution of the unit. I willing to bet that Ripcord isn't dead, but it is cool that he started the tradition of the code/nick names.

I glad that Charlie Adler is still doing the his voice of Cobra Commander from resolute

i do like the continuing story ark too

I'm cool with the A-team feel of the story and it looks like Hasbro did it on purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by From Wikipedia
Branded as renegades for crimes they did not commit, a heroic group of young G.I.s is forced to "turn fugitive" as they battle to clear their names and expose the evil that is Cobra Industries — a seemingly benevolent mega-corporation covertly controlled by a rogues gallery intent on creating a New World Order.[citation needed]

According to the recent "Hub Exclusive" TV broadcast, promoting this series and the Transformers Prime, homages to The A-Team movie are used in the background of this incarnation of the characters. Most notable is that Roadblock is stated to parallel to B.A. in size and mechanical aptitude, and Flint is formally an actual officer rather than a warrant officer and is specifically used as the officer assigned to arrest the Renegades, akin to Colonel Lynch of the A-Team series with Lady Jaye is sympathetic to her long time friend Duke and provides covert support to the Renegades as was Captain Charissa Sosa in the film and AAA in the 1980s TV series.