View Single Post

Old 07-12-2017, 01:44 PM #34
silentdusty
Crusty Ol MWO

-->
silentdusty is on a distinguished road -->

SilentDusty back again, I started on the Joe bandwagon back in 78 when I got the Adventure Team Rescue Copter which I played with until it literally fell apart. Then I was introduced to ARAH when I received the Colorforms for the new iteration of GI Joe, a few figures and vehicles followed, very few of both, I held onto them until I graduated from HS when my mom gave them away. Along came a very long hiatus until my bud Shane (Lord Raven/Raven's Return) started collecting again and I got the bug. I joined JoeDios in 06 and enjoyed for a few years. I have been away from here for quite awhile, lurked here and there a couple times a year. Good to be back! I admit GI Joe is not my primary focus anymore. Canadian retailers seemed to have little interest in carrying product after the first 50th run. I collect 1/64 diecast cars for the most part now. I did recently pick up some Joe stuff, though on the other hand I am also downsizing my collection going down to single vehicles, and figures. I am in the Air Force, and am currently in Cold Lake Alberta, at least for another year.

"...but for a soldier his duty is plain. He is to obey the orders of all those placed over him and whip the enemy wherever he meets him."
- General Ulysses S. Grant