Thread: Mortal Kombat
View Single Post

Old 05-18-2014, 10:16 AM #6
dinoviper
Veteran

-->
dinoviper is on a distinguished road -->

Sonya Blade

The only female in the Mortal Kombat line Sonya is a member of the Special Forces who has grudge out for Kano who killed her partner many years ago. Being both Tournament fighters I like to pair Sonya up with Guile as they work with G.I. Joe in trying to hunt down the Black Dragon. Sonya uses the 1987 Jinx sculpt from the neck down and her head sculpt is entirely new. Sonya includes a spring action launcher, missile and submachine gun. There was a Movie Edition Sonya that was repainted in all black much like what her actress counterpart Bridgette Wilson wore in the movie. Another variation is in the lower legs. Her feet now have boots instead of slippers which was a good move. I have searched high and low about whos lower legs they belong too. It appears to be the boots of a Ninja Commandos Jinx that was cancelled in 1995. The movie version includes the same weapons but has an additional knife. Sonya also appeared in Mortal Kombat: Defenders of the Realm which also explained her past in further detail.