Old 05-11-2014, 02:43 PM #1
dinoviper
Veteran

-->
dinoviper is on a distinguished road -->
Default Street Fighter II

Guile
Special Forces Fighter

During 1993 when G.I. Joe was scrambling in all directions Hasbro looked at video game characters as a possible line of figures. Video games were already more popular then even with young ages. One such game was Capcom's Street Fighter II. I never played the game as a kid I still had a NES well into the 90s, so I really don't know much about it. What I do know is the line of figures belong more in a circus or ultimate fighting ring then on the battlefield with G.I. Joe. I did manage to snag a few over recent years that I felt could have a place in Joe or Cobra. The figures were split in half, one group had the Ninja Force spring action features while the other half sported giant neon spring action launchers. All of them included a bio file card with a special attack for the video game. Either way you lose!!!

Perhaps the closest thing to a G.I. Joe member is Col. Guile. Guile is a American Special Forces soldier who fits right in with Stalker, Beach Head and Falcon. Well sort of... If it wasn't for his none dress issued crew cut he might have a chance on the G.I. Joe roster. Guile uses the Road Pig torso and Road Block legs which actually do him justice. He has a new sculpted head and a painted on tank top. I actually have a leather jacket Urban Rev Toys made for me for Guile to wear on those cooler days or just cruising the Santa Monica strip in his cherry red Camaro letting his hair blow in the wind. Guile includes his Sonic Boom cannon his "signature move" with string and grappling hook. He also includes two missiles, cannon shield, two assault rifles, knife and stand.