View Single Post

Old 02-03-2012, 07:16 PM #8
troopsofdoom
Troops of Doom

-->
troopsofdoom is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoman
The only thing I don't like is having to specifically ask for constructive criticism.I mean, there's always room to improve, but if you specifically ask for criticism, people will dig for something to point to rather than leave their natural impressions. You would be asking for such a response, after all. Likewise, without asking for it, people are still afraid to give their natural impressions which may include criticism.

The site here needs something, but I'm just not sure what. I do like the push here for constructive criticism, I just can't imagine it getting us far in bringing up the quality on the poorer pics on the site. Hope that doesn't sound like a downer.

I think asking for constructive criticism is the only way it's gonna happen because even the out of focus pictures of figures stuck on a display stand on the kitchen counter get "great shot" comments. If those of us who want to improve participate and set a positive example, maybe the people just starting out and the low-quality contributors will want to join in and step up their game. Those of us who want the quality standards to rise need to lead by example.