Dreadnok Dread
The Dreaded Cuban

-->
Dreadnok Dread is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via AIM to Dreadnok Dread

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguetiger
This was the question and answer over at JoeCustoms from hasbro

When Hasbro sold the Vintage molds for scrap, was any consideration given to selling them to the Collector Market? Based on recent prices for Pre-Production items, I'm sure a number of High End Collectors would have paid Well over Scrap Value to own Original Tooling for their Favorite Vintage GI Joe toys. Please Consider the Collector Market in future purges.

Hasbro: Thanks for your passion and recommendation. However, the weight of the steel mold to be too heavy for a collection - most weigh-in around 1 ton each!

thats bullshI34T UNLESS there doing some super old schoolness and injection a huge mold for all the pieces at once which doesnt make sense. My dad was a mold maker i grew up in a machinist shop. smaller molds like that are better and only weight a couple hundred pounds. what he doesnt want to say is that the metal used to make them probably was cancerous! they had huge problems in the 80's with some tainted metal or something? my dad had to remake a bunch of molds for companies at one point. cheers! DD