View Single Post

Old 06-11-2012, 07:37 PM #17
elmobfaelnar15
Veteran

-->
elmobfaelnar15 is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade
Me too, I tried to post in their toy forum, and there wasn't much but some complaining. And in the cartoon forum, a lot of the same. it's almost endless bickering. I actually think that sometimes the immaturity there can be funny, but it also becomes very empty when everybody's doing it. It's almost absurd.

And by the way, alexx short shots' are among some of the funniest reviews and overall GI Joe comedy that is out there. He's something else.

I generally go first to Joedios to check out some cool photos, the HISSTANK front page for news, their custom forum to see the new stuff guys are doing, generalsjoes also for news or for nice, full shot reviews of figures, and then that's about it. I used to go to joecustoms, but found some of their mods to be out of line at times and run it like a "if you don't like it, it's our yard and you can leave" rather than come to an understanding. Which is fine. I left.

correct. i always wonder whats hisstank function in the joe community and the only thing i could think off is the customs.everything else; dio stories (joedios / zedsite), information (generalsjoes) or reviews (again the 3 plus alexx shortshots) they all fell short.i havent visit joecustoms so i might try it sometimes (just to satisfy my curiosity ). In terms of cartoon forums, i havent check them out but i guess ill see the same issues there (specially on the animation style of renegades), and i dont want to argue with them (specially since i havent watch the sigma 6 cartoons so i cant properly compare the 80s era with sigma 6 style or renegades).

you got me there.actually one of the reasons why i came back to collecting gijoe is because of alexx reviews. i always think that he can apply as one of the writers of robot chicken or some adult cartoon show.his humour is perfect for that type of entertainment.