View Single Post

Old 07-19-2017, 08:46 AM #7
DaveCW2
Happy Camera Fun Time!

-->
DaveCW2 is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoOneEight
Have you seen what Marauder Gun Runners has done lately?

I have, and man, they look great! I even ordered some stuff from them a couple weeks ago. My problem with the figures is that I'm a consistency freak. So, while I really like the molds, I just can't make them work in my head without the articulated torsos.

Still, I will be ordering hands, feet, weapons, and more from them to upgrade my figs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoewasthere
as far as genuine Joes...the Dollar general exclusive series 2 ShipWreck is a pretty great body mold...albeit a bit smallish

That is a good mold. From what I can tell, Hasbro crushed it by using the tooling from POC Snake Eyes in a lot of figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycondrius23
yup $gen Shippy or Duke make for good greenies. also the Retaliation 3 pack beach head is pretty generic enough and doesn't look like BH so much so he can make another armybuilder

That Duke is definitely old school green shirt material. But WOW - I didn't even know that Beachhead existed. With head swaps, he may be the perfect modern green shirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava Boss
But those TRU set figures are great if you want figures whose wrists break off.

D'oh! That's not good! And here I was just saying no to them because of aesthetics.

Thanks for the responses, all! If you have any other suggestions, please let me know.

Have fun!

Holy crap! There were five troop builders in 1985 - what am I getting myself into!?!