Thread: New Sculpts
View Single Post

Old 07-23-2006, 09:51 AM #15
Raven
Veteran

-->
Raven is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via MSN to Raven

I used to be pretty anti-new sculpt, but the only stuff I baed it on was the hit and miss JvC. The turning point for me was getting DTC Wave 1 and Viper Lockdown. Since then I've got loads of VvV and spytroops, created a cooler Cobra army, and it's made customising so much fun.

The detailing is miles ahead of what it used to be. Females look like... females! Yeah Fling looks like a Planet of the Apes reject, but that's what the comic packs are for

Spytroops sometimes seems pretty perfect in sculpting, Burnout, Overkill, Chief torpedo are fantastic figures. This was carried on with VvV Dr. Mindbender, Gung-Ho, Bombstrike (is it normal for a guy to have "those" kinda thoughts abou an action figure?) Croc Master has perhaps the most menacing head ever in a Joe toy.
I'm finding myself replacing characters with their new scult versions... or the "new old sculpt" versions, as the 80's ones look considerably more animated. They are more based in military but there is less detail, and the faces are often extreme characatures.

Swivel wrists have also made me happier than an army of Raptors never could (I so have to troop-build Raptor)

EDIT: Also Link is an extremely boring figure. Perhaps the most boring in the line's history. But just give him VvV Gung Ho's vest, DTC Grandslam's helmet and his look is completely changed from sissy vet/wannabe joe to awesome experienced soldier. It is nice how a few accessory changes can completely make a figure from a dork into one of the most badass in the line
I hope the 25th line has these rubber vests/jackets/helmets as they are also one of the best additions to the line.