View Single Post

Old 11-26-2014, 06:35 PM #2
troopsofdoom
Troops of Doom

-->
troopsofdoom is on a distinguished road -->

I'm still alive. Troops of Doom has inadvertently gone on hiatus. I wanted to create comics for as long as I remember. Seen a lot of web comics go professional and that was my goal. I put a lot of time and work into TOD, but just couldn't get any exposure for the comic to build a large enough readership. I'd been really frustrated about that for a long time. So when one of my poorly constructed light stands fell a second time, dominoed into the others, smashed, and destroyed the last set I built, I said "Fuck it," and walked away. Always planned on starting back up. Still do, because mostly it was fun. (Except for when you bump the table and all the figures fall over.)

Working a regular job now doesn't help. Previously I was self employed working from home for ten years which gave me a lot of flexibility to make TOD. I could alternate between work and the comic if I wasn't close to a deadline. Now when I get home from work it's hard to get motivated. My boss used to read TOD. Every now and again he complains about the lack of new comics. I tell him "You killed TOD. It's your fault."

I still visit JoeDios almost every day to check out the photos. Haven't been logged in to comment but it's always great to see GI Joe brought to life here.