View Single Post

Old 04-14-2007, 12:05 AM #12
Cap

-->
Cap is on a distinguished road -->

Very nicely done Frank. I am always impressed with those that prefer to sculpt a Stargate from scratch, than to utilize the models, or the newer quarters from the action figure line.

I wish I had seen this earlier, I could have given you a heads up for a product that I use, which is called Creative Paperclay. This is a natural clay product made from volcanic ash, wood pulp, and other natural fillers that applies like clay, dries white and feather weight like paper, but has the strength of wood. It takes to paint excellently, and once sealed with a sealer, is as hard as soapstone, without being brittle.

It comes in fairly decent sized bricks and can be found at most art chains, and online. It is extremely versatile. I have used it to do everything from bricks. stone, fixtures, even Joe sized keyboards for computer consoles.

It can be carved, sanded, and even woodburned for any details you'd like, such as the gate glyphs.

When I did my Stargate dios and facilities, I used my preference, the 1/2" and 3/16" foamboard.

[
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCP_1465.JPG (21.8 KB, 86 views)

Diorama Rabbit

Also, some Elder Scrolls based dioramas and customs in two scales:

Morrowind Dioramas and Custom Action Figures