View Single Post

Old 06-12-2012, 10:58 AM #23
Renegade
Veteran

-->
Renegade is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmobfaelnar15
correct. i always wonder whats hisstank function in the joe community and the only thing i could think off is the customs.everything else; dio stories (joedios / zedsite), information (generalsjoes) or reviews (again the 3 plus alexx shortshots) they all fell short.i havent visit joecustoms so i might try it sometimes (just to satisfy my curiosity ). In terms of cartoon forums, i havent check them out but i guess ill see the same issues there (specially on the animation style of renegades), and i dont want to argue with them (specially since i havent watch the sigma 6 cartoons so i cant properly compare the 80s era with sigma 6 style or renegades).

you got me there.actually one of the reasons why i came back to collecting gijoe is because of alexx reviews. i always think that he can apply as one of the writers of robot chicken or some adult cartoon show.his humour is perfect for that type of entertainment.

I had to LOL as to trying to find out what HISSTANK functions as in the Joe community, I think I know what you mean. It's just, kind of there. It's a large community, but very noisy I'd say. Their front page however, is great for me to keep updated on GI Joe news, so it makes their site get a lot of traffic I believe. And with that, a large forum.

You're right on about their customs area, because to me it's their shining star. It's why I don't have to go to Joecustoms, the same guys post their work on HISSTANK 90% of the time, as well as a bunch who don't. I see people make all sorts of movie figure, video game, clothes, some parts from other companies, and all together awe me with their talents.

The cartoon forum over there was full on with negative comments, and about things that I never even considered about the toons. You can't please everyone at one time, and being that it's a large site I just see every possible side argue with each other ad naseum. And a lot of it isn't really intellectual discourse, per say, as much as it was angry/childish/silly.

I think the different Joe communities attract like minds, and their forums show that. with that said, Cheers to Joedios!

Regenesis: The Return to The Killing Fields
Born Again

"...and they formed a band the likes of which have never been seen! And they called themselves Renegade and LRRP"