View Single Post

Old 03-16-2016, 03:14 PM #4
Lava Boss
Veteran

-->
Lava Boss is on a distinguished road -->

1985: IIRC, my birthday gifts that year were a big boost of my GI JOE stuff after setting out most of 1984. AWE Striker, Snow Cat, Wolverine (even though it was discontinued by that year but there was so much stock that things didn't just disappear from shelves like now days), various figures including Recondo and maybe Destro. Can't remember everything.

Got the Cobra hydrofoil at some point, never called it Moray, still don't. My brother and I both had one, which was rare for a vehicle that big.

1986: The year I started army building, though that exact term was alien to me until the 90's (read it in collector magazines). Got 2 BATS and 2 Vipers the first time I saw them. My non-character Cobra forces were quite small at the time (1 straight arm officer, 1 trooper, maybe 1 crimson guard, Lamprey and 1 eel) and even my characters were just CC, Destro, Bludd, the Twins, Zartan and the Dreadnoks.

Lamest memory from that year: Passing on the Thunder Machine because I thought Thrasher looked dumb. I got one later in 1987 sometime.