View Single Post

Old 12-22-2010, 09:08 PM #13
Otto the Otter
"Toot" Spelled inside out

-->
Otto the Otter will become famous soon enough -->

OK, let's define troop builing in this case. I've got 40 Viper Pit Vipers, 11 Eels, 8 tele-vipers, 25 Night Watch Troops, etc. These guys are all nameless Cobras who make up the bulk of their military. This is troop building in the traditional sense.

Is it possible to "Troop Build" the Joes? Sure, you could buy the Green Shirts or Pit Commandos and have a bunch of nameless Joes as cannon fodder (the Joe equivelant to Star Trek red shirts I guess).

Lt. Pinpoint said "I don't see much of a point in troop building the Joes. Each one has his own character and it works for the team...." Good point, the Joes are their own characters and one could argue sofar as to say you loose the cool uniformity in a formation that you see with Cobra troops (which, BTW, looks freakin' awesome when you get a bunch of similar figures lined up) because the Joes all have their own look as well.

What if you looked at troop building the Joes this way: I break my Joes down by their service or what their speciality is. I've got my Marines made up of Gung Ho, Leatherneck and the other Joe Marines as well as a few customs. I've got SEALs with Torpedo, Wet Suit and other Joe SEALs, same with Army SpecOps, Pilots, Search and Rescue (like Air force PJs), machine gunners with R&R, Roadblock, and a couble others, and so on.

So while they are not troop builders in the same respect that Cobra Vipers and Blue Shirts are, they are still troop builders in that you are grouping them together becuase they have similar roles for the team.

Vipers and Blue Shirts are Cobra's trigger pulling bullet spounges
Grunt, Footloose, and others are Joe's Infantry

Televipers and Techno-Vipers are Cobra's Comm/Tech guys
Breaker, Dial Tone, Mainframe etc are Joe's Comm/Tech guys

Some people, when trying to avoid thinking about those things that cause them pain, turn to drink, or perhaps food, or drugs... I turn not to any of those... I collect action figures, turning my mind to the hunt, so that I might find a mote of peace... Over the years, I've found that alcoholism is much more socially acceptable by far.