View Single Post

Old 06-13-2012, 01:09 AM #27
elmobfaelnar15
Veteran

-->
elmobfaelnar15 is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade
I had to LOL as to trying to find out what HISSTANK functions as in the Joe community, I think I know what you mean. It's just, kind of there. It's a large community, but very noisy I'd say. Their front page however, is great for me to keep updated on GI Joe news, so it makes their site get a lot of traffic I believe. And with that, a large forum.

You're right on about their customs area, because to me it's their shining star. It's why I don't have to go to Joecustoms, the same guys post their work on HISSTANK 90% of the time, as well as a bunch who don't. I see people make all sorts of movie figure, video game, clothes, some parts from other companies, and all together awe me with their talents.

The cartoon forum over there was full on with negative comments, and about things that I never even considered about the toons. You can't please everyone at one time, and being that it's a large site I just see every possible side argue with each other ad naseum. And a lot of it isn't really intellectual discourse, per say, as much as it was angry/childish/silly.

I think the different Joe communities attract like minds, and their forums show that. with that said, Cheers to Joedios!

haha..yeah.when i visit their site i keep thinking people here are just two simpson type characters: smart ass comic book guy and sarcastic bully nelson.

thats the main reason i go there.either to look at their amazing customs or just get inspiration for kitbashing.i see some threads there specifying they sell custom figures and accessories,are they really the real deal or just scammers?i kept flip-flopping if ill try buying from a certain customizer there but im really worried about card security since they usually are small business entities (unlike BBTS or other web based sellers where you can verify their company and be secure about your cash transactions).

Youre right about the cartoon forum. that why i tend to shy away from those threads since you really cant please that crowd.different strokes for different folks is what i usually say to them.

Amen to Joedios, where you can get an intelligent answer without any sarcastic comments.