View Single Post

Old 01-17-2008, 02:47 PM #3
vader9900
To old to play with toys!

-->
vader9900 is on a distinguished road -->

Thanks for posting this. That F-stop / shutter speed tutorial is awesome. I took my camera off auto last night & spent 4 HOURS playing with the F-stop & shutter speed. I was able to have a figure point a gun straight at the camera & the gun was not blurred, friggin awesome! I also tried layering figures - some up front, some in the middle & some to the rear - they came out all in focus!!!! I am so stoked! I slowed down the shutter speed, took a pic of a helicopter, I spun the rotors, the result - the rotors were blurred, it lookd real with no photoshop tricks!

I have a set up very simular to yours, with 3 lights, I use natural sunlight fluorescent bulbs, they don't seem to be as yellow as others I have tried. I have a "photo studio in a box" that makes a light tent, that stops alot of the reflection on the figures. I have used poster board backdrops, right not I an using foam sheets, they clean easy, come in a bunch of colors & sizes, are very cheap and have no glare.

Thanks again for your help, the auto setting is great for a quick shot, but I look forward to seeing exactly what my camera can accomplish!

"It ain't about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit, how much you can take and keep moving forward - thats how winning is done!" Rocky Balboa