View Single Post

Old 10-28-2010, 03:38 AM #4
Otto the Otter
"Toot" Spelled inside out

-->
Otto the Otter will become famous soon enough -->

Using a smaller piece of hanger and placed in the right part of a figure can make the figure look like they're leaping through the air in a martial arts move.
Here I stuck a small piece of hanger into QK's foot peg hole and positioned him with his other foot against the BAT. Since the BAT is leaning slightly backwards from the kick, he wouldn't stand very well, so what I had to do was place QK's forward foot against the BAT's throat and push the head down over QK'S foot, this way they are actually supporting one another.

In this shot, the small piece of hanger was (I'm gonna try to make this as clean as humanly possible...) placed in the small, open space between Lady Jaye's thigh and her waist. Anyone who has dirty thoughts about that needs help.
I'll be back in a little while.
When I first tried this shot, I posed LJ in this position and tried to use some string to hang her from above. This didn't work because there was no place to tie the string that would work with her center of gravity to give her the "in flight" look.

Or being a typical extreme California surfer dude and jumping a motor cycle with a machine gun mounted on it.

Launching a missile from a Stinger...

Or better yet, catching some air in a HMMWV. These are partially edited, but you can still see where the hangers were used. These pictures show you that there are almost limitless options on how to use this technique.

I mentioned above that some of the bigger aircraft need two hangers for support. Well, some of the smaller guys can get away with one, like the FANG, the RHINO's helo, Serpentor's Air Chariot, the Flight Pod and the Firebat. Keep this in mind if you're using the one hanger approach with one of the smaller flying machines: they are more unsteady and require some serious patients and a lot of adjusting

Some people, when trying to avoid thinking about those things that cause them pain, turn to drink, or perhaps food, or drugs... I turn not to any of those... I collect action figures, turning my mind to the hunt, so that I might find a mote of peace... Over the years, I've found that alcoholism is much more socially acceptable by far.