Thread: Mortal Kombat
View Single Post

Old 05-19-2014, 04:22 PM #12
dinoviper
Veteran

-->
dinoviper is on a distinguished road -->

Kombat Cycle w/ Kano

The Kombat Cycle is a recycled G.I. Joe Ninja Force Ninja Lightning from 1993 that I must say is a big improvement from its earlier predecessor. The sleek black cycle is perfect for illegal operations done by the Black Dragon day or night. The cycle holds one figure and features a pull back zip cord attached to the vehicle. It has real rubber tires and a side car spring action launcher that fires two spring loaded missiles. I will point out that an early sketch of this vehicle was going to be called "Kombat Tank" a black Triple T tank with a spring action rocket on top. Kano who would be included would have been in his black and red uniform instead of white. This may have been a vehicle use in the later movie edition line that didn't get made. This never went into production and was either replaced by the Kombat Cycle or left on the cutting room floor.

Kano the driver of the Kombat Cycle is a perfect match. I was always a fan of Kano in the game and movie. He was even reincarnated by Shao Kahn in the cartoon series to serve his purposes. Kano plays a huge role in my Joe-verse and his figure screams G.I. Joe villain. Kano is a mercenary in the Black Dragon who is responsible for the death of Sonya's partner. The Black Dragon is a perfect enemy for G.I. Joe. They not only are part of the Mortal Kombat mythos they were part of the 1970s G.I. Joe Adventure Team and actually a real organization in the early 20th century just not as dangerous. Look it up in Wikipedia. Kano uses the 1992 Ninja Force Dice body with a new head sculpt. Kano also uses the Dice staff and axe.