View Single Post

Old 04-28-2012, 05:33 AM #167
ltfalcon

-->
ltfalcon is on a distinguished road -->

Hey everyone my name is David Pruitt and I grew up in the groovy 60's and 70's. My first Joe was the Air adventurer which I got Christmas morning 1972. My two brothers and I cleaned up that year. I got the mobile support unit and my brothers got the training center and helicopter along with the pigmy gorilla and white tiger sets. It was one of my favorite Christmas times.

Of course I grew up and became a design engineer which has evolved from pencil drawings to 3-D modeling, FEA Analysis, mold flow, etc. Which is a fun and creative job.

I got married to my wonderful wife and had three sons. This is when I got back into joes with my oldest son in the 90's. I collected alot of 80's stuff which was bought at yard sales and flea markets dirt cheap. My boys enjoyed me building outdoor trianing camps and forts for them to play joes. Their favorite was a homemade zip line that ran about 20' across the yard to a safety zone. All of this was sold off after they outgrew them.

Then the 25th anniversary joes landed and it took me back to when my fourth brother was a child, he was 15 years younger and grew up in the 80's. His first joes arrived the Christmas of 82 and he scored big that year including the cardboard missile command set. This retro release got me hooked on collecting the 25th series which continues on through today. I enjoy kit bashing, customizing, and taking photo shots.
I picked all this up surfing the Joe message boards. My favorite 3 3/4 release is hands down the Adventure Team. You get the best of two worlds with them. You get the bearded retro 70's joes small enough to utilize all the popular 1/18 scale vehicles, playsets, and accessories.

Never grow up!
David

Now with "Kung Fu grip"