View Single Post

Old 08-09-2010, 03:41 AM #79
pinoyronin
Veteran

-->
pinoyronin is on a distinguished road -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_at_Midnight
Wow! Bangkok-based! My new stomping grounds! I'll be back in Bangkok this August. BTW, where in BKK do you find a good selection of Joes? I would think ZEN at Central World, but that's now gone, and I have no clue the TRU there survived. Wow! Small world!

Sorry, I saw your post only now (haven't been visiting the forum for the past months).

Yeah, too bad about Zen and Central World.

The only G.I.Joes that made it here in Thailand are the ROC first wave figs and Alpha vehicles but that's it, no follow-up waves. No POCs either. You can still find some stocks (mostly Neo-Vipers, Destro, ec. and the Panther/Armadillo etc. in Siam Paragon's toy shop and in all branches of Central Malls.

If you are looking for 1:18 stuff, you might have better luck. Star Wars stuff, for one, are in abundance here. Marvel figs in 1:18 scale too.

Before it was burned down, the TRU in Central World had a lot of Hulk Humvees on sale at just 1,000 Baht each (roughly $30) and PTE Blackhawk and Raptor (each selling for 1,500 Baht). (I should have bought a Blackhawk at the time).

There is a hobby mall in Chinatown (Yaowarat) which offer 1:18 stuff (both loose and MOC). I went there only once almost two years ago. I saw some figures from the "Alien" films there (loose), like Ripley and the Marines. Some Bbi/Elite Force figures too.

I also saw a 25th Anniv cartoon Baroness and a Nemesis/Lt. Falcon comic pack (both MOCs); a bit overpriced though.

There are also toy shops at the top floor of MBK though they don't sell any G.I.Joe item in general. You might get lucky though and find a stray Joe or Cobra item.

Apart from these, I don't know any other shops selling G.I.Joe stuff. There is a small collectors community, though.

Hope this helps!