View Single Post

Old 03-19-2010, 05:31 PM #25
Sonneilon
aka 'Paul WS Anderson' ;)

-->
Sonneilon is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via MSN to Sonneilon

Alright sports fan, check this out. These are 2 of the 3 questions asked.

1) Are you ever going to have another contest where the winner gets their likeness made into a figure? (You guys might remember that FHM had that contest in their magazine. Luke Ellison, a prior member of JoeDios.com, won. He not only got a figure of himself (as part of the Steel Brigade) but he got a tour of the office.) And just for the record, was that a GI JOE Hasbro contest done in FHM or did FHM talk you guys into a contest? (that would just be for clarification)

2) As a software engineer I am always involved in meetings which often have live demos illustrating new concepts. As a Joe collector and fan, I often find myself wondering what are the Hasbro's Joe design team meetings like? Do you guys/gals bring out your favorite Joes?

------

Hey Graham,

Your first two questions were chosen for response, however, at this time, we only have the answer to question #2. Please bare with us as we get the other response to you. In the mean time, please post the answer to #2, and look forward to getting the COMPLETE roster of this round of Q&A send to you on Tuesday, March 23.

Thanks,

Danny

2) The meetings during which we map out the newest wave or product segment are some of the most fun - and challenging - meetings we have. The Design Team creates sketches and inspiration boards to visually tell the "story" behind the character, vehicle or situation. Sometimes they do add flavor to the discussion by bringing a classic figure to a meeting and that sparks additional conversations and debates.