View Single Post

Old 03-03-2010, 05:41 PM #35
seyms
Not Enough Time

-->
seyms is on a distinguished road -->

Hi. My name is Seymour. I live in England. I'm 33 years of age and I was into transformers for a while before I got into joes (action force). Back in the 80s the UK transformers comic started to incorporate reprinted US marvel joe stories into its pages, and I really got into it. I stopped collecting the toys and comics in the early 90s.

Only got back into joes just before summer 09. Bought a couple of 25th figures at first, but realised I wasn't so much into reminders of the old days (except for IGs), so it's been the ROC line for me.

I have a BA in Animation, which I got 10 years ago, but I could not find work in the industry back then, so I did not do much with it until a few months ago when I started working at an elementary school introducing the kids to basic animation. It gave me the confidence to try some of my own stuff after so many years. Also taught myself a bit about photography. I was scared to touch Photoshop or similar software until my wife calmed me down and taught me the basics. Thank goodness she did!

My main interest in joes now is in doing storytelling and making dio-stories, so it was a pleasant surprise to find joedios. It's been so great being here and seeing everyone's ideas and work, and being inspired by it.