View Single Post

Old 01-24-2010, 02:26 AM #2
Stormer
Wasss once a man

-->
Stormer is on a distinguished road -->

Send a message via AIM to Stormer Send a message via MSN to Stormer Send a message via Yahoo to Stormer

I used to build settings for my toys when playing as a kid, I just never thought to take photos! As for dio-pictures, my earliest experience of those would have to be the brochures, leaflets and posters that came with the toys showing all the products in the range. They often had scale scenery making the toys look more realistic, and considering all the different environments GI Joes were made for this helped reinforce the character of the figures & vehicles. You also often got to see sets probably built by professional model-makers on the TV commercials, which made me want to go out and landscape my dad's garden in 1:18 scale!

I totally agree on your point about making dios being like playing. I always used to like making dynamic poses with my figures so now that can be considered practice for when I'm going to take some pics. And it gets the imagination churning too -- I don't have the ability to just escape into play at the drop of a hat like I did as a child, it takes a bit of effort now but I can get similarly excited when I start to construct a storyline around what I'm setting up. If this is the closest thing to play I'm capable of as an adult, at least I'm justifying having this toy collection by doing something with it -- I didn't spend all that money on stuff that's just going to sit hidden in a box!