JoeDios.com Forums

JoeDios.com Forums (https://www.joedios.com/forum/index.php)
-   JoeDioes.com Forum (https://www.joedios.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   WELCOME ON JOEDIOS! Introduce Yourself (again!)? (https://www.joedios.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5076)

yorktownjoe 07-09-2017 02:28 PM

Yorktownjoe here. Been around for a while but not posting too many pictures these days. I can snap a few here and there, but life is busy with my wife, 2 boys and our 9 month old puppy.

My name is Joe, and I once lived on a road named Yorktown. Very imaginative, I know. But I also like Yorktown for the historical reference to the American Revolution. Those were the days of the very first "real American heroes..."

I remember having a beat up 1:6 scale Joe that mom got at a rummage sale. And I had that bearded SuperJoe in between scale in the 1970's. Bit I would say that I really started back in 1982 with Clutch and V.A.M.P. as my first.
Collected until 1989 or so then took a hiatus for college, etc. Started again with a few of the "Collector's Edition" reissues in the early 2000's.

Found this site in 2005 and have received many photography tips over the years.

RavensReturn 07-09-2017 03:19 PM

I was here once before, under another name....a long time ago.....many moons have changed, I've changed, worlds have changed....my underwear has changed.....

Shane here from Western Canada. I collect a little bit of everything, I have been on a toy/collecting hiatus for the last few months due to some personal issues but slowly getting back into it. I have a YT channel where I did reviews, and unsure if I want to keep going with that or do something different.

Anyways, I got convinced to come back here, and I promise to be on my best behavior this time around

neapolitan joe 07-09-2017 04:00 PM

Welcome (back) people!
Ravensreturn, what was Your old user name?

giTom 07-09-2017 04:19 PM

giTom back on joedios! Been far too long since I've been active on the site.
I'm throwing out a challenge to anyone who may be older than me - I'll be 55 this October.
I've been a fan of GI Joe nearly my entire life. I grew up with the big GI Joes and got on board with the ARAH line when I was 19 in 1982. A minor pause after ARAH shut down in 1994, but have been collecting consistently since the 25th line.
#gijoeforlife

RavensReturn 07-09-2017 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neapolitan joe
Welcome (back) people!
Ravensreturn, what was Your old user name?

I was once LordRaven

neapolitan joe 07-09-2017 04:30 PM

Welcome back!

Welcome back You 2! GiTom a real veteran!
And Raven, I remember Your pics!
I'm very happy You're back!

Nekoman 07-09-2017 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensReturn
I was here once before, under another name....a long time ago.....many moons have changed, I've changed, worlds have changed....my underwear has changed.....

Shane here from Western Canada. I collect a little bit of everything, I have been on a toy/collecting hiatus for the last few months due to some personal issues but slowly getting back into it. I have a YT channel where I did reviews, and unsure if I want to keep going with that or do something different.

Anyways, I got convinced to come back here, and I promise to be on my best behavior this time around

Shane, this is a really good post dude. Welcome back! It sounds like Rum Powered Reviews has gone sober. :D

A little bit of modesty goes a long way guys. This is how everyone should be talking.

gijoeiwasthere 07-09-2017 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoman
Shane, this is a really good post dude. Welcome back! It sounds like Rum Powered Reviews has gone sober. :D

A little bit of modesty goes a long way guys. This is how everyone should be talking.

I'm giving this a Big Smile! I don't know shit from dick....but I know some things....and I'm not apposed to any of it.....

RavensReturn 07-09-2017 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoeiwasthere
I'm giving this a Big Smile! I don't know shit from dick....but I know some things....and I'm not apposed to any of it.....

Just glad to be back, hit my 3 post cap for the day already for photos but looking forward to getting back into the groove :D

Scarrviper 07-10-2017 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoman

Agreed 100% Glad to have you back Shane.