JoeDios.com Forums

JoeDios.com Forums (http://www.joedios.com/forum/index.php)
-   JoeDioes.com Forum (http://www.joedios.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New HISS Tanks on the way from HASBRO, in BLACK! (http://www.joedios.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4233)

Hammerfel 07-24-2010 11:13 AM

That's a very cool idea!

ender098 07-25-2010 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Scarlett
I think that Flint & I were in the minority......we liked the 'bulletproof plexiglass' canopy design of the original H.I.S.S.

I had no problem with the glass dome (Helicopters and Jets have them) but in the fact it didn't have a metal "Frame" at the corners. Look at the old Korean War Bell "Bubble" helicopters" and then look at the Apache Cockpit. I think if the Hiss had a metal frame along the plexiglass, it would have been ok. But for a Tank (which is usually the target of larger caliber Ordance than a helo or plane) straight Plexiglass is NOT a good idea.

And I think the NEW hiss would benefit from a small slit in the cockpit. Yeah, new generation parascopes are cool, but like all electronics, they suffer from ONE fundamantal design flaw: THEY RELY ON POWER! One Jolting hit to a Hiss could probably knock the power out or at least damage the electronics enough to put the driver in the dark!

Sonneilon 07-25-2010 11:53 AM

Very cool that you can get 1-1 contact. It's hard to decide what to ask them. Should it be for personal reasons ("When are we getting Major Barrage and Ice Cream Soldier???") vs community-based reasons ("Can you hook Sonneilon up with Lady Gaga?"; sorry, that's an inside joke with me and Hasbro). Still, either way, it's up to you and it's very cool you had good talk.

I seem to remember a few years ago, we came up with a list of questions for someone (it may have been Luke Ellison) to ask Hasbro. Anyway, you should write up all that you talked about it.

And can you get a case of JUST Jungle Vipers for the community here? lol

HA! I told you guys eons ago that the Hasbro crowd IS lurking here. Now the question is, with all the use of Predator and other sci-fi stuff HERE, did that sway them to go ultra cool? Anyway...

vespapilot79 07-25-2010 03:57 PM

I think thats an awesome idea. I think a lot of us here could be testers for new products and give very valuable product info to the line. I like your idea Graham and maybe some of those shock troopers too!! Sorry I havent been very active lately. Busy with taking care of my 2 y/o and trying to work as much as possible. Glad you were able to make contact with the guy!! Hope to see some cool pics soon!!

wmckean77 02-01-2011 08:31 AM

ARCTIC REPAINT would be sweet, Cobra needs something to fight the Wolfhound. I might just paint one myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyko
Damn, and I just bought one of the brown ones. Well, Krylon magic will have to do. Might be cool if they do an arctic repaint like the v1.