JoeDios.com Forums

JoeDios.com Forums (http://www.joedios.com/forum/index.php)
-   JoeDioes.com Forum (http://www.joedios.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Moderator Nominations (http://www.joedios.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5074)

gijoeiwasthere 07-08-2017 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoman
That's pretty convenient for you to say. I would have given you this benefit if you had shown up at any time in the past few years before we needed a moderator, but now you just return out of nowhere. Seems like you have an obsession with the role more so than an earnest desire to rejoin the community.

If you want to come back, be friends, and enjoy this site for what it's main purpose is than great. But why are you so hung up on moderating?

Woah.....the Dude's Waayy nominated, and also didn't self nominate as the poster and replier have...so....

gijoeiwasthere 07-08-2017 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neapolitan joe
Gijoiwasthere watched the fortress all these years with other few guys...
Thank You all for coming back!

and NJ is the rock upon which the fortress sits! Thanks my friend!

Nekoman 07-08-2017 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoeiwasthere
Woah.....the Dude's Waayy nominated, and also didn't self nominate as the poster and replier have...so....

I self nominated because Sonneilion had a hoard of dudes come on to shill for him and I find the intentions here dubious. Nobody who likes me would mind the fact that I did that since my only interest is making sure nothing unfair happens here.

To be clear: I completely forfeit ANY interest in becoming a moderator IF that means I can't speak my mind about these two and what they're doing. And just so we're clear I'm under the impression this isn't an "election" so the results may not be the same as what you guys think they are.

The moderator shouldn't be someone who just showed up to take the spot. It should be someone less involved with any cliques and has been an active poster here from before we needed a moderator.

As for more stuff I'm sitting on: Why should guy who would desecrate a support image for a cancer victim out of spite be a moderator? That's a gem about 218, and Hammerfell knows about it too.

I don't want to be a moderator. But I have to step up, say what's on my mind, tell this like it is and make some issues absolutely clear.

For all of you guys thinking this is great, there will likely be an exodus of current posters should 218 and Sonne be moderators, just as they left 7 years ago.

Otto the Otter 07-08-2017 05:02 AM

Quote:
Why should guy who would desecrate a support image for a cancer victim out of spite be a moderator? .

Why are you so hellbent on defending Outrider's honor when you didn't know him like we did?
If Craig was such s good friend and you're offended by how 218 "desecrated" the ribbon image, where is your show of support? Where is you ribbon image?

Maybe folks are asking a former moderator to be one again because he did s good job the last time he was here.

Nekoman 07-08-2017 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto the Otter
Why are you so hellbent on defending Outrider's honor when you didn't know him like we did?

LOL, you joined after I did! That's really low Otto, now trying to tell me I don't know my own friends.

Why does that even matter? Is it okay to spitefully vandalize cancer support images of people you don't know? Think about what you're saying.

Quote:
Maybe folks are asking a former moderator to be one again because he did s good job the last time he was here.

And maybe some of us think he didn't do such a good job and want new blood. Slipstream, Selvaland, GIJoewasthere, Mike T, lots of guys who didn't show up just to resume control.

Nekoman 07-08-2017 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto the Otter
If Craig was such s good friend and you're offended by how 218 "desecrated" the ribbon image, where is your show of support? Where is you ribbon image?

Quoting you again since you edited your post.

Where's my ribbon? Craig died if you didn't notice. Some people like to remember our friends in different ways.

When is it a nice thing to do that? Tell me? Why did 218 have to do that besides that he's an angry, spiteful person? What are you defending?

gijoeiwasthere 07-08-2017 05:20 AM

Quote:
Quoting you again since you edited your post.

Where's my ribbon? Craig died if you didn't notice. Some people like to remember our friends in different ways.

When is it a nice thing to do that? Tell me? Why did 218 have to do that besides that he's an angry, spiteful person? What are you defending?

Well Arnold does get pissed I can attest to that :D , but that guy has more in Common with Graig than anyone on JoeDios and he took the ribbon down when you voiced your opinion

Nekoman 07-08-2017 05:21 AM

Quote:
Well Arnold does get pissed I can attest to that :D , but that guy has more in Common with Graig than anyone on JoeDios and he took the ribbon down when you voiced your opinion

He took it down when he was forced to.

gijoeiwasthere 07-08-2017 05:24 AM

Quote:
I self nominated because Sonneilion had a hoard of dudes come on to shill for him and I find the intentions here dubious. Nobody who likes me would mind the fact that I did that since my only interest is making sure nothing unfair happens here.

To be clear: I completely forfeit ANY interest in becoming a moderator IF that means I can't speak my mind about these two and what they're doing. And just so we're clear I'm under the impression this isn't an "election" so the results may not be the same as what you guys think they are.

The moderator shouldn't be someone who just showed up to take the spot.
As for more stuff I'm sitting on: Why should guy who would desecrate a support image for a cancer victim out of spite be a moderator? That's a gem about 218, and Hammerfell knows about it too.

I don't want to be a moderator. But I have to step up, say what's on my mind, tell this like it is and make some issues absolutely clear.

For all of you guys thinking this is great, there will likely be an exodus of current It should be someone less involved with any cliques and has been an active poster here from before we needed a moderator.
posters should 218 and Sonne be moderators, just as they left 7 years ago.

I get it....I am just not under the impression that there is as much of a coup as you think, maybe initially, but members coming back is Great and it was set-up that there is nominations, and I would hope you wouldn't leave because there are some guys that can tell newbies to only post 3 (etc....) that are not your favorite people
and personally, I don't think JD need mods....but It's not my call.
And I Agree that "It should be someone less involved with any cliques and has been an active poster here from before we needed a moderator."
although maybe the clique stuff will be water under the bridge rather than a burning of said bridge

woof run-ons anyone?

gijoeiwasthere 07-08-2017 05:33 AM

Quote:
LOL, you joined after I did! That's really low Otto, now trying to tell me I don't know my own friends.

Why does that even matter? Is it okay to spitefully vandalize cancer support images of people you don't know? Think about what you're saying.

And maybe some of us think he didn't do such a good job and want new blood. Slipstream, Selvaland, GIJoewasthere, Mike T, lots of guys who didn't show up just to resume control.

We're pretty much in lockstep here....(aside from the good/bad job (no Info)) but you can't fight city Hall, it's all Hammerfel and nominations which is ultimately fine

gijoeiwasthere 07-08-2017 05:35 AM

Quote:
He took it down when he was forced to.

wasn't my impression, but ok

neapolitan joe 07-08-2017 06:32 AM

Now we really need moderators!

Now we really need moderators! :p
Friends, keep calm. This is a forum/site about toys: let's try to forget the past and to go on. So try to have fun, as usual!
One thing Nekoman wrote is truthful and incontrovertible: "the moderator shouldn't be someone who just showed up to take the spot. It should be someone less involved with any cliques and has been an active poster here from before we needed a moderator".
Maybe someone did some errors in the past and now he'd apologize.
Outrider was a mith here and a gentle person, the best of us. His pics are the best of the best here still today. Probably 218, a great and good guy, nice friend of mine made an error. I'm sure he did not want to offend a person DIED (with cancer), "parce sepulto". He'd apologize by the way if he feels himself guilty.
Then for the others, it would be advisable to close or change name to the "Joedios haters" group now.
The "war" is over, the exodus is over. After 7 years. Or not?
I do not want to enter in this story/drama/issue. I do not care of it at all.
I believe again this is the best G.I.JOE site/forum on earth for a simple reason: it is mainly BASED on pictures. Hammerfel had a great Idea i.m.o..
Now, for exit from this "empasse" I suggest Hammerfel to nominate 3 persons:
1) Sonnelion or someone from his old "party", that I call the "scissionists" (the guys who appared here within 48 hours after 6/7 years);
2) Someone between the guys never left Joedios and with an old join date, the group that I call the "Old Guard";
3) Someone which does not belong to the two above-mentioned groups and that probably does not have interest at all in this anachronistic quarrel. Even better a guy with a recent join date, for example I think at people like Gijoeiwasthere.
These are my humble advices: otherwise I do not see any fast way out.
Francesco.
:rolleyes:

gijoeiwasthere 07-08-2017 06:37 AM

Quote:
Friends, keep calm. This is a forum/site about toys: let's try to forget the past and to go on. So try to have fun, as usual!
One thing Nekoman wrote is truthful and incontrovertible: "the moderator shouldn't be someone who just showed up to take the spot. It should be someone less involved with any cliques and has been an active poster here from before we needed a moderator".
Outrider was a mith here and a gentle person, the best of us. His pics are the best of the best here still today. Probably 218, a great and good guy, nice friend of mine made an error. I'm sure he did not want to offend a person DIED (with cancer), "parce sepulto". He'd apologize by the way if he feels himself guilty.
Then for the others, it would be advisable to close or change name to the "Joedios haters" group now.
I believe again this is the best G.I.JOE site/forum on earth for a simple reason: it is mainly BASED on pictures. Hammerfel had a great Idea i.m.o..
1) Sonnelion or someone from his old "party", that I call the "scissionists" (the guys who appared here within 48 hours after 6/7 years);
2) Someone between the guys never left Joedios and with an old join date, the group that I call the "Old Guard";
3) Someone which does not belong to the two above-mentioned groups and that probably does not have interest at all in this anachronistic quarrel. Even better a guy with a recent join date, for example I think at people like Gijoeiwasthere.
Francesco.

Well Put my friend! and Thanks!

Nekoman 07-08-2017 06:55 AM

Quote:
Francesco.

Great post.

Also, to clear some things up:

1: I don't hate Sonnelion. Anyone who wants to comeback can comeback and I let bygones be bygones. Peace.

2: I'm very hot under the collar right now, and you guys from Facebook should have known that doing a group shilling would start things off REALLY poorly. I'll talk to anyone and reaching out before reinvading would have gone a long way to seem less dubious and intimidating.

neapolitan joe 07-08-2017 07:18 AM

Relaxing...

I created this thread for relaxing us all and for a brand new re-start:
http://www.joedios.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5076

Let's join!

gijoeiwasthere 07-08-2017 07:22 AM

Quote:
Great post.

Also, to clear some things up:

1: I don't hate Sonnelion. Anyone who wants to comeback can comeback and I let bygones be bygones. Peace.

2: I'm very hot under the collar right now, and you guys from Facebook should have known that doing a group shilling would start things off REALLY poorly. I'll talk to anyone and reaching out before reinvading would have gone a long way to seem less dubious and intimidating.

Understandable! and sorry about the frustrations. I was a facebook hold-out, more so for not wanting my past to find me and attempt to reconnect (reunions etc....) so after a cajoling by Selvaland and a
tweak to my name, I have really connected with Action Figure Artists! A lot of JD members but tons more! I've found it refreshing, the way everyone is just basically a stand up guy and thrilled with the community...site after site with thousands of members from a global toy photography scene...really gracious people! I do however tend to stay out of politics as it's too heated and visceral and hopefully no one wants to engage me in that, as then I would have to engage them....just not worth the diatribes.
anyway, long winded facebook spiel over.

Scarrviper 07-08-2017 07:57 AM

Usually I try to stay away from site drama. This is starting to get really ugly. But I think there are some things that need to be said in the open.

I agree, this site is about sharing images, art, ideas, techniques and our love for this hobby. Without this site, some of us would never have met each other, nor would we have grown as photographers. I will always have fond memories of this site and I learned so much from being here.

I'm going to be honest. I was alarmed when I saw what appears to be a coordinated effort to place 3 specific people as moderators out of nowhere. It comes across as forced. I'm not on Facebook, so I don't know what's going on with this.

From what I remember, this site used to have a very close close-knit community back when I joined 10 years ago. We rarely had any drama or fighting.

I believe there are several factors that led to where we are now. "Cliques" started to form, and this was made much worse when the 25th anniversary line debuted. Not everyone was happy with the new figure design, and made their opinions known. Obviously this led to fighting and caused a greater divide. This place has never been the same since.

I want to make this clear. I never considered myself part of a "clique". Prior to all the past drama, a number of us made accounts on flickr so that we could keep in touch with Outrider, who was having internet issues at the time and could not access Joedios for awhile. This was before he became ill if I remember correctly. For whatever reason, some members here didn't like this and saw us as a rival "clique". Things only got worse I feel after Outrider's death.

It's sad. I'd love to see this place become an active community again. I'd love to see the return of things like target range, or weekend warriors themes. I miss that stuff that encouraged participation and discussion.

One last thing. "you didn't know him like we did". What the hell? I have never seen a more disgusting statement on this site. There's more I'd like to say, but it's not worth it.

Mike T. 07-08-2017 08:32 AM

I've never been privy to the behind the scenes drama around here. I'm not a clique person and generally do my own thing. (I didn't know any of this was going on until I saw the mods photo and remembered there is a forum here.)

To me, though, JD is really what's left of the community. There's no new toys and pretty much everything about the line is known. So, all we have left is our love of the line and photos are the best way to show that appreciation.

I've never understood why JD isn't more heavily trafficked. Last spring, there was the photo contest and tons of people started posting photos and comments. It was like old times. But, behind the scenes stuff then ran some of those guys off and it was back to a ghost town in no time. Why is that? I really don't know.

I'd like to see the vintage Joe section and photo sections merged. I hate the anniversary figures with a passion and feel they destroyed the hobby. But, it's been 10 years now and there's a lot of people who do amazing work with them. I know I don't go to that section just because it's not my focus. So, there's people there I don't see and who don't see me. I think merging that dichotomy would be a good first step towards unifying the community. It would give more exposure to everyone's work.

I don't want to see old drama drive anyone else away. It's amazing to see the same names from a decade ago still around and it's great to see brand new users start posting their work. Lots of us have been at this for a long time and we all appreciate new Joe content when there is so little out there anymore. It's tough to let old issues go. I still hate the club. But, I've gotten to a point where I can appreciate their product and generally not let them ruin the other parts of the hobby I do enjoy. Hopefully, we can do that here, too.

vespapilot79 07-08-2017 12:04 PM

Setting the record.

Just so everyone is on the same page... I contacted Hammelfel (Nathan) asking him if he is an active on the site. He said he said not very. I will support it because I love the art but I don;t shoot dios anymore (no room). I stated to him, Fantastic, there is talk of quite a few people wanting to come back to the site and start posting again. Is there anyway to make Graham a mod? I miss the site as well but when there was issues in the past I left with everyone else.... The conversation continued. He asked who I thought would be a good mod. That is where I requested Graham and I stated that I would not mind the responsibility either. We are all familiar with the old guidelines and rules put in place. We are not going to "force" any new rules, just enforce old ones. Everyone has equal right to JDs that is in good standing. Yes, I am aware that I only have 600 some odd posts..Kinda low for a Veteran that has been here since 2008. I usually don't have much to say when It comes to dealing with issues, however that has changed since then. I am coming back since this is my birthplace into toy photography. I am coming back because I enjoyed what JDs was before I left. I am coming back because of my love for the hobby. I don't expect everyone to be happy with the return of so many of the "Old Guard" There will be some grumbles and moans which I am seeing already. If you are part of the problem you are not part of the solution and will be handled accordingly. We are all passionate about our hobby. Now is not the time to let egos and feelings inhibit our ability to bring this site up and beyond everyone's expectations. We all have different skills we bring to the table. This site was created to share those with others and help others grow where they lack in that skill. We all have a different perspective of how we see a photo should be taken. Its not wrong or right, it's how we view the art. I need to give a shout to Neopolitan Joe for his skills so far in handling the situations that are arising. We all need to be patient with the current issue.

Also, it disgusts me on how people are fighting over who knew Craig (Outrider). Yes the man is a legend. Leave it at that. The man is no longer with us, fighting about him is disrespectful to his legacy. Knowing him was a pleasure, not a token or a badge of honor. I WILL NOT TOLERATE DISREPECT FOR THOSE THAT HAVE PASSED. This is a final warning to everyone making this an issue...

Nekoman 07-08-2017 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespapilot79
I don't expect everyone to be happy with the return of so many of the "Old Guard" There will be some grumbles and moans which I am seeing already. If you are part of the problem you are not part of the solution and will be handled accordingly.

See, this is what scares me about you guys. What does this line mean? I want you to elaborate. It sounds like you've come with the direct intentions of running people off.

It also matches with the tone of this post from yesterday:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoOneEight
We need to pull the curtains, open the windows, and let the sun in. Make the cockroaches scurry away, back in the darkness where they belong.

http://www.joedios.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5075

Now I hope Hammer won't mind me saying this because I spoke with him a little a few days ago too. He doesn't want the moderators to all be from the same clique. This isn't an election like a few of you seem to think it is. He just wanted a consensus on well respected members, probably for mod number 3 I guess (he wasn't too clear).

I don't like what you've said, but do please talk to me. We're getting somewhere with a broader discussion at least.

Nekoman 07-08-2017 12:35 PM

Quote:
Also, it disgusts me on how people are fighting over who knew Craig (Outrider). Yes the man is a legend. Leave it at that. The man is no longer with us, fighting about him is disrespectful to his legacy. Knowing him was a pleasure, not a token or a badge of honor. I WILL NOT TOLERATE DISREPECT FOR THOSE THAT HAVE PASSED. This is a final warning to everyone making this an issue...

This sounds very good. I hope anyone would respect him and that lack of respect from a certain few is what really provokes me. I won't tolerate it, either.

selvaland 07-08-2017 03:38 PM

And I nominate :
1) gijoeiwasthere
2)gijoeiwasthere
3)gijoeiwasthere
😎

gijoeiwasthere 07-08-2017 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selvaland
And I nominate :
1) gijoeiwasthere
2)gijoeiwasthere
3)gijoeiwasthere
😎

Nominated by the most wonderful dude on the planet! I'm flattered and humbled!
You're dedication to posting and commenting on JD is unparalleled! even if I don't make mod....JoeDios has introduced me to one of the Best Friends of my life!
and if I don't get JD Mod...we're done.... :D

Hammerfel 07-08-2017 04:42 PM

Thanks for the nominations everyone. If you haven't posted your nominations yet, please do. I will be making the decisions in the next few days.

Please do keep all of this in perspective. This is for moderator, not King. :)

Nekoman 07-08-2017 04:51 PM

Anyone from the Facebook/old guard side want to negotiate for different people we mutually trust? My only interest in the position is protecting the peace around here. I'll gladly step aside if you guys want to as well. There's a few of you I like and trust.

I also want to clarify about the things I said about 218. I didn't want to attack him. I kept that a secret and not even guys on my side really knew until I talked to them yesterday. It was horrible and extremely hurtful that he did that. I can not support him as a moderator nor can I ever be his friend, but I didn't want to try and turn his people against him. I just want you guys to know why I'm like this with him. He's probably a troubled person who needs the friendship you guys give him, but I can't do that and he doesn't need a position of power. That's all I meant.

GIJoewasthere, Neapolitan Joe and Mike T would be a great set.

GIJoe has been on the side of you guys, but I saw how with Battlewagon (a poster who was a lost cause) he tried REALLY hard to talk to him. He didn't want to ban him and has no interest in power grabs, as exemplified by his statements that he feels there should be no moderators.

Neapolitan Joe isn't confident in his English, but he's been loyal to the site and reliably advocates for peace and against this tribalism. He can do the job and his heart is in the right place.

Mike T didn't even remember we had forums. He's had a Joe blog since the 90's and is a great guy. He is completely removed from our groups and will serve us the most honorably and fairly in hopes of preserving the GI Joe community.

These guys will be fair to ALL of us. Please let me know what you think of them or why you wouldn't support them. My main goal here is to get peace and protect myself and my friends.

gijoeiwasthere 07-08-2017 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerfel
Thanks for the nominations everyone. If you haven't posted your nominations yet, please do. I will be making the decisions in the next few days.

Please do keep all of this in perspective. This is for moderator, not King. :)

I just don't know what to say! JoeDios is the For-Father of more than people realize....
totally introduced me to new family in a way to express my love of figs....and I have Friends From Here that is the most incredible Friendships of my life! So Thanks Nate!
You Killed It!....and even in the FaceBook World...JoeDios Is The BEST and Origin!al!
Just ask NJ....27000 posts!

Hammerfel 07-08-2017 05:23 PM

Quote:
I created this thread for relaxing us all and for a brand new re-start:
http://www.joedios.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5076

Let's join!

That was a great idea, NJ! That's the kind of thing a good moderator would do... ;)

neapolitan joe 07-08-2017 05:45 PM

Grazie.

Thank You.
I hope Joedios'll return the brightest diamond among G.I.JOEs sites and'll become one milestone among toys' (nerd) sites and forums.

gijoeiwasthere 07-08-2017 05:49 PM

Quote:
Anyone from the Facebook/old guard side want to negotiate for different people we mutually trust? My only interest in the position is protecting the peace around here. I'll gladly step aside if you guys want to as well. There's a few of you I like and trust.

I also want to clarify about the things I said about 218. I didn't want to attack him. I kept that a secret and not even guys on my side really knew until I talked to them yesterday. It was horrible and extremely hurtful that he did that. I can not support him as a moderator nor can I ever be his friend, but I didn't want to try and turn his people against him. I just want you guys to know why I'm like this with him. He's probably a troubled person who needs the friendship you guys give him, but I can't do that and he doesn't need a position of power. That's all I meant.

GIJoewasthere, Neapolitan Joe and Mike T would be a great set.

GIJoe has been on the side of you guys, but I saw how with Battlewagon (a poster who was a lost cause) he tried REALLY hard to talk to him. He didn't want to ban him and has no interest in power grabs, as exemplified by his statements that he feels there should be no moderators.

Neapolitan Joe isn't confident in his English, but he's been loyal to the site and reliably advocates for peace and against this tribalism. He can do the job and his heart is in the right place.

Mike T didn't even remember we had forums. He's had a Joe blog since the 90's and is a great guy. He is completely removed from our groups and will serve us the most honorably and fairly in hopes of preserving the GI Joe community.

These guys will be fair to ALL of us. Please let me know what you think of them or why you wouldn't support them. My main goal here is to get peace and protect myself and my friends.

Damn Man...I
tried hard with BW...thanks for noticing...I had to resort to maligning other member's toy collecting sensibilities, Dinoviper and samsallspark, and I hated that....and then BW stood down and acquiesced.....but I had no mod influence.....In all honesty...I Liked Battle Wagon, he just needed a talking to....

gijoeiwasthere 07-08-2017 06:36 PM

Quote:
Damn Man...I
tried hard with BW...thanks for noticing...I had to resort to maligning other member's toy collecting sensibilities, Dinoviper and samsallspark, and I hated that....and then BW stood down and acquiesced.....but I had no mod influence.....In all honesty...I Liked Battle Wagon, he just needed a talking to....

In reading what I wrote....that's why I should be a mod.....

Nekoman 07-08-2017 07:04 PM

Quote:
In reading what I wrote....that's why I should be a mod.....

Yes, because you and the ones I mentioned are pure hearted and could greatly lessen the tension here with your fairness and openness to talk.

You would argue for Battle Wagon. That dude was hopeless, but it proves you would give anyone a chance. If we want fairness you and the other two will provide that.

vespapilot79 07-08-2017 07:34 PM

"Old Guard"

I am sorry for any issues this has caused for the return of some of the "old guard" As you may see by the numbers, and by those numbers the returning members. As I stated before, those members as well as myself left for good reason. I don't feel it needs to be discussed, but some fair change is needed. That is the reason why the request was made for a moderator change. I feel its fair if Hammerfel chooses NJ as a moderator if he feels he is up to the task. I do have to say the bickering and fighting need to stop on all ends. I am bothered by the fact that there is so much animosity by fellow members wanting to return and want the same thing that all of us want. A place to post our work again and share our ideas with like minded individuals. What happened in the past, needs to stay there. I will remain in trust that decisions will be made fairly in who will moderate the site. I will ask that nekoman and 218 to remain from any further contact with each other until the new mods are chosen. ANYONE ELSE that starts causing issues, it will be noted and will be discussed with in a timely manner. Please remember, just because some of us has logins, it does not mean outside users cannot see the drama too. If the site is to grow, we need to bring in younger artists to fill in our shoes as we move forward in life. I am 43, as Deadpool says im living till 102, and then dying.. It would be a sad waste to see such potential not utilized in its fullest.

Nekoman 07-08-2017 08:42 PM

Quote:
I feel its fair if Hammerfel chooses NJ as a moderator if he feels he is up to the task.

Good, but what was wrong with the other two? Why wouldn't you support three super active members with the best intentions, who have been/stayed here and aren't apart of any cliques???

Quote:
I do have to say the bickering and fighting need to stop on all ends. I am bothered by the fact that there is so much animosity by fellow members wanting to return and want the same thing that all of us want. A place to post our work again and share our ideas with like minded individuals. What happened in the past, needs to stay there.

Oh really? If that's the case then why must we have Sonneilon be a moderator again? I say we should have a full team of new blood. How would you and him be hurt by that?

Quote:
I will ask that nekoman and 218 to remain from any further contact with each other until the new mods are chosen. ANYONE ELSE that starts causing issues, it will be noted and will be discussed with in a timely manner.

Well, I have to be totally fair to 218 and say despite my grievances with him and the heat I've dropped on him here, he hasn't said a word to me. Why did you lump him in with "causing issues"? He hasn't contacted me here.

Are trying to purge him for NJ thinking that will make it easier for you to secure the position? Otherwise there was no need to say that.

neapolitan joe 07-09-2017 01:08 AM

Please,

go on and forget the past, Bros.!
Let Hammerfel decide and let post new pictures of our toys!

gijoeiwasthere 07-09-2017 02:39 AM

Quote:

Coming up with pic ideas as I type....

ThinkTank 07-09-2017 09:27 AM

I support Neapolitan Joe, Gijoeiwasthere and Mike T.

I do not celebrate divisions amongst us and would ask for a new Golden Age, where ARAH and 25th can exist in the same category. Where dinosaurs and non Joe robots are used as backgrounds and not the focus. Let those who point cameras at toys rejoice that there is a place to deposit those images. Also, may they comment profusely, offering sound advice and constructive criticism. Let us shower the creator, Hammerfel, with donations through Paypal, so that this website shall not perish from the internet. Finally, remember the trinity and document their deeds- Gi Joe, Cobra, and umm The Blood for the Baron guys, I guess. But I think they are associated with Cobra somehow. O well, you understand what I'm getting at here.

vespapilot79 07-09-2017 11:45 AM

Ages

All of my joes are modern just fyi..If you guys need to find me or have any questions, find me on FB. Sean Williams.I have nothing to hide and will happy to tell you more about myself and my involvement in JDs and Diowarriors.

Dr. Phibes 07-09-2017 11:46 AM

Quote:

Agreed.

G.I.*Jock 07-09-2017 02:04 PM

I feel the site would be best served by Dr. Phibes, Neapolitan Joe and Vespapilot79 as the three mods.

Dr. Phibes: Graham, I can simply keep this brief. You have successfully looked after the site in the past. You are a safe pair of hands, sir. FACT!

Neapolitan Joe: Your time zone (gives good cover for any mods 'States side), ideas, positivity and enthusiasm are exactly why you should be under consideration. You also seem to be active on other Joe communities as well, such as Hisstank. Given English isn't your first language, you impress me very much with your posts and love of the toy line.

Vespapilot79: I have been impressed by your posts on this thread and feel that you would be an excellent fit as you have demonstrated successfully that you can be the voice of reason, time and again.

Whatever the outcome, good luck to all!

D :)

Meddatron 07-09-2017 02:38 PM

I'd have to say Selvaland, Neopoliton Joe, and gijoewasthere. I come and go often, but these guys seem to always be here and are always interactive.