JoeDios.com Forums

JoeDios.com Forums (https://www.joedios.com/forum/index.php)
-   JoeDioes.com Forum (https://www.joedios.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Web Hosting questions! (https://www.joedios.com/forum/showthread.php?t=501)

ender098 01-24-2007 10:10 PM

Web Hosting questions!

Ok, here's the deal. I'm sick of my tiny Geocities free site. If you look at 10 pictures on there, you've exceeded bandwidth and you can't see anymore for 24 hours. I'm thinking of going with Yahoo hosting my website so I can post entire dios without having to email it to everyone.

Who out there has a website they pay for hosting and how is it working out for you? Who are the best hosting services? Who are the cheapest? Who has the best deals?

Any help is appreciated!

Ranger_22 01-25-2007 02:54 AM

I don't need another website for pics. My computer has some kinda progam already.
It is an application to store photos that I just imported to my computer. Its the best!

Dersham 01-25-2007 09:41 AM

Be cheap like me and use megaupload. Heehee.

canada_gi 01-25-2007 09:53 AM

I use Yahoo Geocities free, and to avoid the exceeding the transfer limit I use photobucket.com. On my site, I just put an HTML script with the pictures URL and it works just fine.

Sonneilon 01-25-2007 10:02 AM

I was looking at GoDaddy. That's the one Justin uses and I believe he runs GeneralJoes.com thru it. EEJ over on the JBL suggested Dreamhost.com. Luke uses some sort of Yahoo site to do his thing but the rates he gave me was far cheaper than what I found on yahoo in general. I'd go with GoDaddy in the end if I had a few hundred to do the site.

I hear ya Frank. My yahoo/geocities has a crap rate too.

Self-Modifier 01-25-2007 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneilon
I was looking at GoDaddy. That's the one Justin uses and I believe he runs GeneralJoes.com thru it. EEJ over on the JBL suggested Dreamhost.com. Luke uses some sort of Yahoo site to do his thing but the rates he gave me was far cheaper than what I found on yahoo in general. I'd go with GoDaddy in the end if I had a few hundred to do the site.

I hear ya Frank. My yahoo/geocities has a crap rate too.

Plus GoDaddy had the controversial Super Bowl commercial a few years ago. Any web service willing to risk an FCC fine to promote their product is okay be me.

General Hawk 01-26-2007 07:36 AM

Yeah, it's funny that GoDaddy commercial is what stuck in my head (I wonder why... :confused: ) so that's where I went when I wanted to change my webhosts. I was surprised to find that GoDaddy offers more webspace, more bandwidth, and yet still manages to only cost $4-5 a month. It's a great deal, I highly recommend them.

Justin

ender098 01-26-2007 09:50 AM

What commercial? The only thing I can remember about the SuperBowl Commercials is the Terry Tate ones and the Bud Weiser Frogs! LOL!

Oh, and let us not forget the "Wardrobe Malfunction" Janet Jackson had. I still laugh when I hear mothers say "I didn't want my kids to see that!" Obviously your kids were "bottle-fed!"

Lava Boss 01-26-2007 10:39 AM

Host your photos for free on image shack, then link them on geocities. Might reduced the bandwidth some. Maybe...I'm not up on this stuff.

Yeah, geocities sucks.