JoeDios.com Forums

JoeDios.com Forums (https://www.joedios.com/forum/index.php)
-   JoeDioes.com Forum (https://www.joedios.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Introductions....a bit overdue!! (https://www.joedios.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3902)

ender098 02-16-2010 08:51 PM

Introductions....a bit overdue!!

Ok, here is the deal....tell us a little about yourself.

For Starters let's get your name on here and our REAL name (if you wanna give it!)

Ender098 = Frank Nash

I'm a Marine. I was originally in the Army. I joined 6 months out of high school and hated it (or so I thought!) I swore I'd never go back. I went to College, met my wife and tried to get back in the Army. The recruiters at the time were a bunch of slackers and after 5 months of getting jacked around said "If you don't like it, try the MArines!". I did, and 2 1/2 weeks late was in Parris Island and I've been a Jarhead ever since!

In the Army I was a Combat Engineer (C-4 Powered Grunt)! In the Corps I started out as a Communications Center Operator (READ: Over paid spell checker!), and later merged into Data Communications. Right now, I'm a Gunnery Sergeant in Charge of a Regimental S6 shop (Communications Directorate).

I have 2 kids. Tony is a 14 yo Genius and Video Game addict. Too smart for his own good and an Avowed Atheist (I think he just says that to get under my wife's skin!). Becky is 12 and a tomboy/Drama Queen....how can she be both? She's Becky. Some of you have run into her on MSN, and yes, she's a Cracker. Kris, my wife is in Daycare...she's been working with kids since about 2000. I have a little black Chiahuahua named Rosie. She, too is a Character....she fits in perfectly with us loonies! LOL

And then there is the SECOND Love of my life (Behind my Joes....). My 2008 Dodge Magnum, Lola! I LOVE that car!

ok, enough about me, tell me a little about you!!!

silentdusty 02-17-2010 03:52 PM

Silent Dusty = Dustin Colwell

I am an Aviation Systems Technician (fancy name for Aircraft Mechanic) in the Canadian Air Force. I originally started out in an Army uniform as a Communications Research Operator (Communications Intel), after about 7 1/2 years of being a scope dope, I got tired of it, regrew my brain and joined the Air Force.

I am currently a Master Corporal (Equiv. Staff Sgt US Marines) in 14 Air Maintenance Squadron in Greenwood Nova Scotia, where I work on the CP140 Aurora and CP140A Arcturus (both based on the P3 Orion).

I am married with two girls, Emma, my oldest is 11, in love with Taylor Lautner from the Twilight movies, and plays the Bass Clarinet in her school band, she is also the resident smart kid. My youngest Allyson, is our drama queen, she is very much a girly girl, however, she is a huge fan of Superman, Supergirl, and Smallville, she also loves musicals, and Mel Brooks (gotta love her).

My wife Janice does private housekeeping, and emergency childcare for the Military Family Resource Centre on our base. We also have a Yorkie named Rufus, who goes nuts when he hears the word 'Ball'.

My obsession are my Joes, I also enjoy RPG's (the ol fashioned pen and paper kind), board games, and have been know to play the occasional video game.

lehsreh 02-17-2010 04:36 PM

Lehsreh, or Hershel Christopher Ray Layne as the world knows me.

Working for Bank of America right now, known there as robin hood because of the fact I deny the rich their overdraft fees and give them to the poor. But my job seems to change once a year as does my attitude. So basically I'm still trying to find out who I am. The only thing constant is my love for cartoons, G.I. Joe, my grandmother, great aunt and animals. I have 8 cats and 3 ferrets, Jinx, Binx and Podo.
I love playing minds and I'm often told I'm to demanding on others and that I'm an over analytical a$$hole. I'm really not, its just that people are always a let down. Thats why I seriously like the other species of animals better then the human species. I guess you can tell I'm to honest for my own good also, but that honesty makes me the person everyone comes to when they need someone to talk to.
Unmarried and no kids, I do not know what my future holds. Perhaps go back and finish my psychology degree, or become a nutritionist, or vet. since I'm still changing I don't know. Thats bad since I'm 30, but I act like a teen and date no one older then 21 and usually told I look around 24. Other then Joes I like to workout, train and fight in MMA and any sports. My favorite Joes are Quick Kick, dusty and Sci-Fi. I also like the lesser loved characters Cross County and Psych-Out, and the unpopular cobra la and crystal ball. Don't be hating.

Flatline 02-17-2010 05:04 PM

Marcos Alvarez
Work for a aircraft fasteners company in Irvine California. Little League coach weekend warrior softball playa! ;) I have the best wife in the world who puts up with me and my nerdy tendancies who blessed me with 3 kids 2 stinky boys 11 and 8 :rolleyes: A darling beautiful 6 year old girl who will drive me mad by the time she hits junior high i'm sure. But that's what sons are for. I have always been a big kid comic books cartoons sci-fi flicks and TOYS!!!. G.I.Joe being my main addiction. But recently have started buying select Star Wars figures The photography didn't sdtart till I found Joedios now i'm a member of this the HISStank and flickr. This has been such a great outlet and way to make frinds and meet some kick ass people. :cool:

Scuba Steve 02-17-2010 06:19 PM

Scuba Steve - Patrick McDonnell

Unimpressively I am a local truck driver for a company that manufactures flex duct for HVAC here in Phoenix AZ, although I have a BA in computer animation and graphic design and an Accociates degree in video production I found being behind the wheel of the big rig made me happier than an office cubical. So today I use my evil graphics training to entertain you fine folk while at the same time finding an excuse to play with my toys! Lately I have been taking a break from the hobbie to give my creativity a recharge. I also had been trying to befriend my 16 year old step daughter who ended up being a selfish, using, little piece of sh@t like her two older sisters so not all my away time has been productive.

Sonneilon 02-17-2010 07:20 PM

Graham Hughes

Currently at the local tech school for Civil Engineering. Will be done in JUne and who knows where I'll end up.

zedhatch 02-17-2010 09:34 PM

Zedhatch=Robert Hatch.

Married with 3 daughters (step), unlike most people I know I did not ever stop collecting toys when I reached that magical age of girls. This is my second marrage, first one was just too young. Much better with my second wife.

Been going through some tough things lately, My mother in law was in a bad accedent and had some head truama which has made things very hard latley. Hence my speratic pressence around here. On the plus side she got awarded enough money from the trucking company that hit her to take care of her for the rest of her life.

Sorry for the depressing part.

On toys I have always had a very broad interests, but I stick primarly to the 1:18th scale. My faves are Gi joe (Of course) and Star Wars. Of late my main interests have been Marvel Universe and DCIH (Since the new articulation has begun). other Lines that have held my interests are Indian jones, Mincroman, Hellboy and many more.

Also I am the author of Toxies 1:18th universe which (to me) is the biggest emotional outlet I have. When all hell breaks loose I just retreat into that universe and come up with the silliest, craziest and (to me) finniest things I can and well you hopefully have read the results.

Beyond that I have recently gone back to college to finish up my degree, should be done this dec.

LordRaven 02-17-2010 10:36 PM

LordRaven = Shane Welin

Well, I live in Winnipeg, MB where I am the assistant manager at a clothing store called Bootlegger, been there almost 2 years now. I'll be 29 in 2 weeks. I moved here from Nova Scotia about 3 years ago, and when I was in NS I palled around with Dusty.

I collect lots of different kinds of action figures, mostly Joes and Star Wars, but anything I think is neat I'll pick up.

I play video games, board games, and RPGs like D&D.

I'm a published poet, author and musician.

Black Knight 02-18-2010 12:07 AM

Black Knight - John Black

I'm 30, I live in Knoxville, TN and I've been collecting toys for years now, my collection focuses on GI Joes, Transformers, and Star Wars. I have a daughter who just turned 5 and her mom and I seperated back in August 2009. Since then I've been going to school for Mechanical Engineering and I've been putting all my money into restoring and customizing a 1985 Chevy Camaro. I also play alot of video games.

I haven't been around in a while due to school, the car, my PS3, and not having a camera.

That about sums me up.

-Peace,
B.K.

Otto the Otter 02-18-2010 02:43 AM

Otto the Otter = Otto Phillips (Otto, that's "Toot" inside out, and Phillips, yeah, that's right, I'm German and Irish. That means my family is highly efficient and well organized at drinking and fighting)

I am currently an unemployed highly trained steering wheel chasing, truck aiming monkey living in Mesa, Arizona (a suburb of Phoenix), and I am a former Marine. I live in Mesa but my heart is in Denver, Colorado and I'm hoping once I get employed again, I plan on moving back there.

My primary interests right now are Joes, which is a good thing because although it's not the cheapest hobby, it does keep me from getting in trouble from other vices. The photgraphy part of it helps me contribute to this fine site as well as gets me out of the house for a few hours a day. The picture taking and story telling part has gotten my creative juices flowing again. If I end up going back to Denver, it'll give me a reason to buy my Show Job some friends and equipment as Phoenix is sorely lacking in the snow department.

If it ain't Joes, it's Heavy Metal and if it's not that, it's off roading (but not so much for a while, that can get kind of spendy)

Ender, glad to see you're a working Marine, I wasn't sure if I'd have to dumb down our conversations or not.

Self-Modifier 02-18-2010 09:34 AM

I feel like we did this before, years ago in some bygone era that is now long lost to the mists of time...

Anyway, my name is Matt, and I live in the California Bay Area. I'm 31 years old, and I work in Risk Management for a construction company. I'm single, never been married, and I have zero children.

G.I. Joe is actually not my number one hobby/interest; it ranks third behind Marvel Comics and Transformers. Though lately I've become pretty disillusioned with Marvel's current output (I still love their reprints though), and since I don't buy movie stuff, I haven't purchased any new Transformers in some time. Recently a friend got me into Bowen Designs' Marvel statues, though I only currently have three (Adam Warlock, Moon Knight, and black costume Spider-Man).

Besides collecting toys, I watch lots of television and see lots of movies, and about twice a month, I run a pen & paper RPG campaign for some friends, set in the Marvel Universe, using the Mutants & Masterminds game system.

ToneGunsRevisited 02-18-2010 10:27 AM

My real name is Luís Galileu Gall Tonelli, almost 30 y.o., married and got a son. I'm a physics teacher and working to get my master degree on that, maybe by the end of the year. I'm living in south Brazil in a state called Rio Grande do Sul in a small city, Lajeado.

I was always about action figures, but they were pretty expensive here in Brazil back in time. So I'd huge armies of green armymen. Around my 12 y.o. got my first G.I. Joe as a gift, Reaktor (Fast Draw). After that came some other in and like most of the folks here I hate myself for letting them go by the 15 y.o.

I was back collecting in July 2.005, by semtember of 2.005 I was a registered member here and since that I never stopped collecting. But I'm a 3 3/4 collector all the figures I think are fine to go with the Joes and money let me, I go out and grab.

I'm also posting pictures on Flickr.com, part and founder of the "Shit Talking Brigade". So you can find me at MSN in a regular, but I also like RPGs in the old fashion ways and some 1st person shooter. Love to read some comic books too.

pbarny1701 02-18-2010 10:48 AM

My name is Paul, I'm 32, have dual degrees in Chemistry and Neurobiology, and have been kicked out of 2 of the top 10 graduate programs in each for fighting with adminstrators over "taxing" my project to fund others in classes that were competitive grant writing contests; I understood the university took a cut, but I don't want to share with people who couldn't cut it to secure their own funding. :D I work as a permament research assitant (read STAFF) at the University of Iowa in the Dept of Biochemistry at the moment. I'm married with one son who'll be 11 weeks old tomorrow. GI Joe is secondary to me, Star Wars is primary, but I customize both equally. I have a customs blog (link in signature) of that work. I decided to join here because I don't display much Joe stuff, but do like to take it out and play around with it. My wife is from China, but do you really think she knows where the illegal deals are being the factories are in the SouthEast and she's from Beijing farther north? Of all the collecting and posing/displaying I do, she most enjoys looking over my shoulder and driving me crazy, at this site. :eek: The biggest thing I collect is actually Star Wars books and I'm very sad to see WotC let their RPG license expire.

Sonneilon 02-18-2010 11:23 AM

SelfMod, you're 31? I always thought you were like... 18 or so! Even 5 years ago when this place started, I thought... Oh well. Funny how surprises can be!

Self-Modifier 02-18-2010 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneilon
SelfMod, you're 31? I always thought you were like... 18 or so! Even 5 years ago when this place started, I thought... Oh well. Funny how surprises can be!
Could it be because I've always said I never got into Joes until the early 90's? Anyway, I feel like this says something about my maturity level -- but I'm not sure if it's good or bad! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarny1701
The biggest thing I collect is actually Star Wars books and I'm very sad to see WotC let their RPG license expire.
I don't want to get off-topic, but I agree that this is unfortunate -- they had a good, long run though, and they've published enough material that anyone could keep playing forever without needing anything else!

dancontrino 02-19-2010 12:37 PM

Hey Kids,
dancontrino=dan contrino. as you can tell by my handle...i'm very clever. i'm clever, 34, married, kids are 2 and 3 and i own an antique store in Plymouth Mass which funds my Hasbro and Chap-mei addiction. I could always tell Otto and Frank were Marines from their senses of humor and how efficiently they respond to pms! My brother Mike was a gunnery sergeant in Okinawa and San Diego. I'm not trying to be too glib because i'm not as funny as Frank or Otto or Marcos. I like to say that i use a camera worse than anyone on Dios and I am "The King of Flash"! I love to ruin a good composition with "flash". Anyway, Joedios is pretty awesome and its nice to know that so many other 30ish men and women have a similar, non-narcotic, addiction. i also love that this habit is international...there are some pretty cool characters here from all over! I gotta go watch some Space Ghost now.

guiltridden 02-19-2010 05:01 PM

guiltridden=Dustin Regec

I'm 29 Married my wife Dana is awesome and puts up with all my hobbies comic books, gi joe and pez dispensers. We have a daughter Gianna who was born last year @ 26 weeks she was 1 pound 5 ounces or 598 grams at birth. She was in the NICU from Feburary 2nd until June 5th of last year. She is one and healthy now just small for her age. Once she was born I knew my job as a Restaurant Manager had to end it was hard enough while she was in the hospital the hours are brutal not to mention the switching shifts. Last year the same week gianna was coming home from the hospital I bought my own Thomas english Muffin/Brownberry/Arnold Bread route (I'm the Muffin Man). It is great bring my own boss and now Dana can stay home with the baby. Guilt-Ridden was the band I was in from 2001 to 2006 (the cobra logo was a button we sold) You can hear a few of our songs on myspace. I've always loved GI Joe since my Grandma bought me my first six figures. Got into buying them againg around 97-98 with the tru exclusives and started buying vintage. My friend Tim and I started buying people's collections. Eventually we had so much extra stuff our frind adam came aboard and TAD toys was born we sold at toy shows fromm 1999-2006. This site is great and I have made some great friends here. The best part is I was able to trim down my collection if I don't take pics of it I don't need it.

GoCards 02-19-2010 05:14 PM

Scott Henke. Born and raised in St.Louis, MO. "GoCards" comes from my hometown Baseball team, the Cardinals. 32, single, never married, no kids. I'm a MBA, but I'm overeducated and underemployed. Love my Joes and Star Wars, but I also collect other 1:18 figures, Pez dispensers, and sports memorabilia. I've been trying to get some pics, but the creativity just isn't there right now. I think this is a great site and y'all are good peoples. Later. :eek:

ToneGunsRevisited 02-19-2010 05:21 PM

You just know how much you needed a thread like this when it is online. Nice to know more about the last addictions to our site.

Sonneilon 02-19-2010 06:22 PM

Well GoCards, things make sense now!!!

General Jones 02-19-2010 09:41 PM

Introductions

Hey kiddies,
I'm Dave Jones. (No I wasn't named after the Pirate or the Monkey.) ;)
I live in southern Utah and have lived here all of my life except for a few years that I lived in New England. I graduated from college with a degree in Information Systems and am currently doing Tech Support for an Insurance Brokerage. My wife Brenda and I bought our first home last year and three months afterwards welcomed our first child, Daniel Willard, into our new home.

I grew up with G.I. Joe. I inherited all of my brothers collection and later bought his friends collection which included an incomplete Terror Drome and Night Raven. I kept my collection but didn't do much with it until Christmas 2004 when my Mom bought me a mint V1 Stormshadow and from then, I was hooked again. I Have been searching around this site and ebay to try finishing my collection and all that I have left to finish my collection are a few of the Night Force figures. While waiting for a good deal on the Joes I need, I have been army building and trying to complete some vehicles I have that are incomplete.

Interesting story. I was perusing a local toy shop and met a guy that was trying to get rid of his Joe collection. I talked to him and wound up buying his collection for $3 a figure and $5 a vehicle. Totaled about $378 for the whole lot. 7 boxes later I was in G.I. Joe Heaven again.

GJ

snipesfg17 02-22-2010 10:43 AM

Snipesfg17=Wes Dykema
I got my first Joe in '83, and have been collecting ever since. I was active duty Army for 10 years, and now I work with 401k accounts. It is quite a contrast, but I enjoy my new career.
My other hobby is the American Civil War, and I alternate setting up giant battles in my basement with Joes and 54mm civil war soldiers.
My wife and I enjoy Colorado, and are content to let our friends take care of the having kids thing.
I really enjoy this site! Keep posting the great pictures!

Rambo 02-22-2010 08:54 PM

Rambo or Joker?

:D

Sonneilon 02-22-2010 10:29 PM

carlos, you smart ass.

Frank and I have both found that we have people on myspace and facebook who we really aren't sure WHO they are on the JoeSites!

pbarny1701 02-23-2010 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneilon
carlos, you smart ass.

Frank and I have both found that we have people on myspace and facebook who we really aren't sure WHO they are on the JoeSites!

It's the 100 Friend Threshold...after that you're a Friend Whore who just doesn't know who over half those people are. :D

Death_at_Midnight 02-23-2010 11:55 AM

Greetings brief mortals,

I am Death, also known as the Grim Reaper, the Destroyer of Worlds. I have always been a Joe fan, although I could not afford to maintain my collection during the 90's in my college years. I graduated from university with a Masters in Information Technology, have a Bachelors in History (Asian Studies). I spend my free time writing programs, doing 3D artwork, and now, collecting GI Joe. It is tanks to JoeDios that I am back into the Joes, and thanks to Sonneilon that I also collect Microman.

I recently got married, the wife likes the Joes too. Other interests include reading classic literature, anime/manga, classic movies, CAD, robotics, and most recently 3D printing.

yorktownjoe 02-23-2010 06:36 PM

yorktownjoe - Joe, upper thirties (38, I think)

I reside in Green Bay, WI with my wife and two sons. 3 out of 4 of us think Joes are great! (I guess I should have turned that into a logic puzzle.) 1 out of 4 of us picks up the Joes. I shudder to think what would happen if my wife was the one who had to pick them up... :)

Anyway, I have a Master's degree in Management, work at a technical college in the office, and also get to teach a class or two on the side in accounting and finance.

I like this site and checking out the pictures posted here, even when I can't comment on each one. I wish I had more time to post. I appreciate that most of the comments here focus on positive things and ways to improve. I have learned a lot about lighting and contrast from reading posts and "how to" sections. Thank you all for keeping this a wonderful place to visit!

Useless trivia: yorktownjoe name origin = our first home was on Yorktown Road, and my name is Joe. Wow, how imaginative!! ;)

ender098 02-23-2010 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorktownjoe
Useless trivia: yorktownjoe name origin = our first home was on Yorktown Road, and my name is Joe. Wow, how imaginative!! ;)

Better than mine....Ender from enders Game and 098 because "1998" was taken when I tried to create my hotmail address back in 1998. And after about 1/2 hour of choosing suggestion after suggestion from MSN, I finally just grabbed the one no one had picked "Ender098" ! LOL! :eek: :D :cool: :confused:

rnrhero 02-23-2010 08:57 PM

Well hi everyone, My name is Mike. I have been collecting since 2002 and was able to salvage a small part of my Joes from my Childhood. I am a Sales and Training Manger at one of the Guitar Center Stores in Atlanta Ga. I have a wife and one 3 year old Daughter and neither really like GI Joe but both put up with it. I am an Avid WWII buff and spend more of my off time watching Doc's on the subject then anything else really. I have played Guitar for about 16 years now. RNRHERO actually comes from the fact that someone asked me one time in college if I thought I was somekind of Rock and Roll Hero or not and I told him Yes, Yes I am. Its been an in joke with a few friends for about 15 years now.
s

giTom 02-24-2010 04:12 AM

giTom - Tom Brooks
living on the south side of Atlanta, GA

As far as posted ages, I'm laying first claim to the oldest guy here - I'm 47. I've been married to Lisa, a wonderful woman, for the past 25 years this year. Yea, go us! We have a 22 year old son at Georgia Tech and a 15 year old daughter in high school.

I finally decided what I wanted to be when I grew up when I was around 40 - went back to school, got my BS in middle grades education and later my Masters in Instructional Technology. I've been a teacher for the past 5 years, with 3 of those being in Instructional Tech. That position is being eliminated next year due to budget cuts, so I'll be back in the classroom. Spent too many years in retail and other crap jobs prior to teaching.

Hope to be debt free except for the house in 3 months.

On my iPod, I have everything from Vivaldi and Bach to King Crimson, Jean Michel Jarre to Pink Floyd, Emerson, Lake & Palmer to Breaking Benjamin and Tool - weird musical tastes.

I grew up with the classic 12" GI Joe line from the 60's and 70's - had some awesome stuff. I bought my first 3 3/4" Joe in 1982 when I was 19 and have been addicted to the little guys ever since. Bought a ton of the 12" guys in the 90's and early 00's. My passion for Joes is torn between the 3.75" and 12" guys. The little guys dominate the market and my interest right now and Hasbro's 1/6th offerings are crap.

I've sold off way too much of my 80's-90's Joe line but the pride and joy of my entire collection is my Defiant Shuttle Complex. Joedios rocks and is my fave GI Joe site on the web. Lot's of great folks here!

dancontrino 02-24-2010 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giTom
giTom - Tom Brooks
living on the south side of Atlanta, GA

As far as posted ages, I'm laying first claim to the oldest guy here - I'm 47. I've been married to Lisa, a wonderful woman, for the past 25 years this year. Yea, go us! We have a 22 year old son at Georgia Tech and a 15 year old daughter in high school.

I finally decided what I wanted to be when I grew up when I was around 40 - went back to school, got my BS in middle grades education and later my Masters in Instructional Technology. I've been a teacher for the past 5 years, with 3 of those being in Instructional Tech. That position is being eliminated next year due to budget cuts, so I'll be back in the classroom. Spent too many years in retail and other crap jobs prior to teaching.

Hope to be debt free except for the house in 3 months.

On my iPod, I have everything from Vivaldi and Bach to King Crimson, Jean Michel Jarre to Pink Floyd, Emerson, Lake & Palmer to Breaking Benjamin and Tool - weird musical tastes.

I grew up with the classic 12" GI Joe line from the 60's and 70's - had some awesome stuff. I bought my first 3 3/4" Joe in 1982 when I was 19 and have been addicted to the little guys ever since. Bought a ton of the 12" guys in the 90's and early 00's. My passion for Joes is torn between the 3.75" and 12" guys. The little guys dominate the market and my interest right now and Hasbro's 1/6th offerings are crap.

I've sold off way too much of my 80's-90's Joe line but the pride and joy of my entire collection is my Defiant Shuttle Complex. Joedios rocks and is my fave GI Joe site on the web. Lot's of great folks here!

Tom...jean-michael jarre rocks! Equinoxe is crazy good music!

Death_at_Midnight 02-24-2010 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancontrino
Tom...jean-michael jarre rocks! Equinoxe is crazy good music!

Agreed.. This gets into the realm of music I tend to listen to the most: Vangelis, Amethystium, Kraftwerk, Neuronium, Rahael (music to disappear in, etc), and stuff like from the Hearts of Space radio program.

erectusbee 03-02-2010 10:13 PM

Hi there the name is Frederick A. Bueno from the Philippines. I used to have lots of toys back then but i gave them away during my adolescent stage because i thought it's no longer appropriate to play with toys and action figures. Until by the year of 2008 i saw newly released gi joe figures on shelves again so i decided to collect storm shadow and snake eyes but eventually it became more addictive i bought everything that is appealing and awesome to me.

My interest in photography and visual art stimulated my desire to collect action figures. you could take pictures with it and share to everybody who is also interested making photographs or dios of these little plastic friends.

Graduated my BS-Nursing last 2008 although i did not want the course. I ended up being a call center representative for 6 months and recently unemployed due to some family trips and board exam.

Reaching my 26 years of age this coming April and hopefully find another job for my toy needs

the commander 03-03-2010 08:26 AM

The Commander= Carmine M. Sicca age 33.
I an a former soilder with the Army. I was a 44B that's a metal worker, I was stationed in Fort Drum N.Y. with 10 Mountain Division. I did just under 1 year due to an injury incurred during basic training which was at Fort Knox. I live the city where I grew up New York baby, where I am a chauffeur. I am married to Jess who I meet at A.I.T. (advanced Individual training) in maryland. we have a adorable little 11 month old named Lawrence and Jess ia pregnant with our daughter Rebecca Lynn, due in August. I have always loved G.I. Joe since I was a little kid along with Transformers, Gobots, M.A.S.K., Starcom,The Smurfs,and so on.
My wife is always giving me crap for my Joe obession. I also love video games and movies. that's me in a nutshell.

seyms 03-03-2010 05:41 PM

Hi. My name is Seymour. I live in England. I'm 33 years of age and I was into transformers for a while before I got into joes (action force). Back in the 80s the UK transformers comic started to incorporate reprinted US marvel joe stories into its pages, and I really got into it. I stopped collecting the toys and comics in the early 90s.

Only got back into joes just before summer 09. Bought a couple of 25th figures at first, but realised I wasn't so much into reminders of the old days (except for IGs), so it's been the ROC line for me.

I have a BA in Animation, which I got 10 years ago, but I could not find work in the industry back then, so I did not do much with it until a few months ago when I started working at an elementary school introducing the kids to basic animation. It gave me the confidence to try some of my own stuff after so many years. Also taught myself a bit about photography. I was scared to touch Photoshop or similar software until my wife calmed me down and taught me the basics. Thank goodness she did!

My main interest in joes now is in doing storytelling and making dio-stories, so it was a pleasant surprise to find joedios. It's been so great being here and seeing everyone's ideas and work, and being inspired by it.

Cobra Freak 03-03-2010 07:16 PM

My name is Andrew and I am 17 I'm done school in a few short months I will be moving up to London Ontario two hours away from home to go into a photography program there with my friend. I also might start working on a new Dragonball series with some one I met on a forum. It will be an official cartoon :cool: I have been collecting vintage joes since I was about 11. My first gi joes where Sgt. Savage, D-day, General Blitz and the Iron stormtrooper. The first vehicle I got was the Grizzly jeep from Sgt. Svage and I also got the figure with the movie. So yeah I've been into Joe for a while.

Cap 03-13-2010 10:41 PM

Eric Vaughan, but universally known as simply "Cap".

Been many things at different times, until becoming disabled in 1996. Spent the better time when not writing or other artistic endeavors fleshing out dioramas and sets for a great many people.

When I am not doing that, I enjoy the customs, as most do, but unlike some I have basically two scales I enjoy, 1:18 naturally for the dios and stories, and 1:24 scale, which gives me the freedom to turn old Armies of Middle Earth Lord of the Rings figures, into personalities from Forgotten Realms, Morrowind, and even Dragonlance. Constantly enjoying the challenges that are sent my way.

Married to a lovely library assistant who is an artist as well, so that means absolutely no room at all in the one bedroom apartment.

All my children are near or over thirty, so that means that grandchildren range in age from 16 to newborn. Hitting the big 5-0 in a few weeks.

trauma-hawk 03-15-2010 06:56 AM

trauma-hawk= Bob Devereaux
I am claiming to be the second oldest to post in this thread. :D
I am 44 years old and I live in Bradenton Florida, which is located on the west coast below Tampa, GO BUCS. I am married (24years) have 2 daughters 1 who is 23 and is a physical therapist she is married but no grand kids yet. My second daughter is 14 and a freshman in high school. For me I am a Lieutenant/Paramedic (hence the code-name) in an ALS fire rescue department and have been doing this for about 23 years. I started collecting Joes when they came out in 82 and have not stopped yet. I enjoy customizing Joe figures (mostly the original body style), camping and spending time with the family. I also collect military vehicles from other toy lines and place them into my Joe "world"

Rambo 03-17-2010 12:46 PM

Trauma.... your first post in 5 years. Welcome aboard. Do you have pics of your customs?

giTom 03-18-2010 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trauma-hawk
trauma-hawk= Bob Devereaux
I am claiming to be the second oldest to post in this thread. :D
I am 44 years old and I live in Bradenton Florida

Looks like you may be #3 in the age bracket - Cap is turning 50 soon, I'm hanging in at 47 and you're at 44.

Old guys rule!