JoeDios.com Forums

JoeDios.com Forums (http://www.joedios.com/forum/index.php)
-   JoeDioes.com Forum (http://www.joedios.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Moderator Nominations (http://www.joedios.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5074)

Hammerfel 07-05-2017 11:53 AM

Moderator Nominations
 
Hi Joes,

I would like your thoughts and nominations on who you would like to see as Moderators on JoeDios.

I am thinking we can have 3 moderators, so no one has to shoulder the burden alone, and the three can discuss issues as a group.

Please reply to nominate someone (even yourself) and give your reasoning. If the person is already nominated, post with your support. You can nominate or give support to more than one person. Our goal is to have a happy, friendly, creative site where people feel safe and free to share their art.

Nominate away!

vespapilot79 07-05-2017 04:33 PM

Mod nominations
 
I would like to nominate sonnelion and myself.We have both been long time members and would like to see the site continue and thrive for years to come.I am currently a moderator for several successful facebook groups.We are both aware of the original rules and guidelines and will continue to uphold them.

TwoOneEight 07-05-2017 07:07 PM

Sonneilon and Vespapilot have my vote.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespapilot79
I would like to nominate sonnelion and myself.We have both been long time members and would like to see the site continue and thrive for years to come.I am currently a moderator for several successful facebook groups.We are both aware of the original rules and guidelines and will continue to uphold them.



Sonneilon and Vespapilot have my vote.

Nekoman 07-05-2017 08:10 PM

Thank you for doing this Hammerfel. :) These are my choices:

Mike T: Mike is a GI Joe legend who's been known throughout the community for decades. He is fair, level headed, and an all around good guy. He has not been involved in any past factional disputes here and would be best for avoiding drama.

Scarrviper: Once again, Scarr is a fair, calm, and straightforward guy who can be trusted with maintaining the peace on this site. He has been here for a very long time as well, and would be another good choice for avoiding needless conflict.

Nekoman: It is not very humble to nominate myself, but I do so in the case that the other two are not interested. I would take a very relaxed approach as a moderator and only intervene when it's clear that a rule breaker has become belligerent.

Dr. Phibes 07-05-2017 08:14 PM

Sonneilon has a new account under Dr. Phi best here.

Blakwulf01 07-05-2017 08:29 PM

Moderator nominations
 
I nominate TwoOneEight.

Otto the Otter 07-05-2017 08:58 PM

Sonnelion, Vespapilot and 218

tycondrius23 07-05-2017 09:03 PM

well its been a while since I was here
but my nominations for mods are

Gi Tom .TwooneEight and Vespapilot. also Sonnelion (or what ever name he's going by these days :P )

footloose 07-05-2017 09:52 PM

I nominate sonnelin, vespapilot and 218

giTom 07-06-2017 03:37 AM

Sonnelion, Vespapilot and 218 are my nominations

gijoeiwasthere 07-06-2017 04:23 AM

I'd say OG like flint and/or Neapolitan joe and really active like Scarviper and slipstream80 :)

neapolitan joe 07-06-2017 05:20 AM

3 Votes...
 
Thank You gijoeiwasthere, but I think I can't accept Your vote also due to the different time zone I have in Italy.
If friend Hammerfel and You all accept this fact I'll make me available for "elections".
If not I vote:
1) Scarrviper;
2) Two One Eight;
3) Gijoeiwasthere.

I had to choose on difficulty only 3 of You because all the named guys are fine for me.

Lava Boss 07-06-2017 06:59 AM

I nom

Nekoman
Scarrviper
Roland Da Thompson Gunner

cyko 07-06-2017 08:17 AM

I nominate: TwoOneEight, Sonnelion, & Vespapilot

silentdusty 07-06-2017 08:19 AM

I nominate Sonnelion, Vespapilot, and 218

Speir 07-06-2017 08:34 AM

I'm with silentdusty - Sonnelion, Vespapilot and 218 all seem like good picks and they have all been here quite a while.

ender098 07-06-2017 09:25 AM

Sonnelion, Vespapilot and 218

gijoeiwasthere 07-06-2017 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neapolitan joe
Thank You gijoeiwasthere, but I think I can't accept Your vote also due to the different time zone I have in Italy.
If friend Hammerfel and You all accept this fact I'll make me available for "elections".
If not I vote:
1) Scarrviper;
2) Two One Eight;
3) Gijoeiwasthere.

I had to choose on difficulty only 3 of You because all the named guys are fine for me.


Thanks NJ! I'll jump on the
two one eight nod!

Roland da Thompson Gunner 07-06-2017 10:33 AM

Nekoman
Lava Boss
Scarrviper

Scarrviper 07-06-2017 01:00 PM

Nekoman
Mike T
Roland Da Thompson Gunner


Like Nekoman said, it's not very humble to nominate yourself. All I will say is that I am willing to take on the responsibility if necessary.

selvaland 07-06-2017 01:11 PM

Glad to see some activity is back here on Joedios, my favorite Joes website!
I'm okay with all the names here, but I would give my votes to the members who have the highest numbers of posts, because I think it's the better sign of involvement and dedication to JD.

😎

MainFrame 07-06-2017 01:12 PM

I'd have to go with TwoOneEight, Sonnelion, & Vespapilot

gijoeiwasthere 07-06-2017 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selvaland
Glad to see some activity is back here on Joedios, my favorite Joes website!
I'm okay with all the names here, but I would give my votes to the members who have the highest numbers of posts, because I think it's the better sign of involvement and dedication to JD.

😎


I'm with you! and Totally Excited for all the Guys Coming Back! Moderation with Pics and Comments!
Let's all stop Lurking! Joedios is the Original and Best! So Psyched You're All back and JoeDios Will Be Great Again! I'm In!
Oh.....And with all he FaceBook Back-Up....JoeDios Is Gonna' Be Back to The Best In No Time!....Nice!

gijoeiwasthere 07-06-2017 03:47 PM

joedioshaters
 
anyone on it?

roguetiger 07-06-2017 06:13 PM

I nominate Sonnelion, Vespapilot and 218

General Scarlett 07-06-2017 06:48 PM

Sonnelion, Vespapilot & 218

cmyaj 07-06-2017 09:48 PM

218, Gijoewasthere & Sonnelion

pinoyronin 07-07-2017 02:08 AM

I nominate:

TwoOneEight, Sonneilon, and Vespapilot.

Slipstream80 07-07-2017 05:39 AM

I nominate Scarrviper, 218, and Gijoeiwasthere.

GoCards 07-07-2017 09:55 AM

Holy Crap! I log on for the first time in a couple days and see all these names that have been gone for ages. Welcome back everyone! :D

neapolitan joe 07-07-2017 10:16 AM

A good contest.
I'm happy to see the backbone of the "Old guard".

vespapilot79 07-07-2017 01:00 PM

Old guard.
 
We are all happy to be back and are excited to share our work again.I got into all of this back in 05 when the 25th stuff started coming out.This was the first site i found that had lots of awesome printable files and photography.I was hooked instantly.Eventually I made some outstanding friends that I am still friends with today.I am looking forward to seeing JD being a great place to share ideas and passion for the hobby!

TwoOneEight 07-07-2017 01:14 PM

Nominations Count.
 
As of 1300, 07 Jul 2017

The count is as follows:

Sonneilon - 14
VespaPilot - 14
TwoOneEight - 17
Mike T - 2
ScarrViper - 6
Nekoman - 4
GITom - 1
gijoeiwasthere - 3
rolanddathompsongunner - 2
Lava Boss - 1

gijoeiwasthere 07-07-2017 03:59 PM

Well...my final nominations:
TwoOneEight cause He's my Bro!
General Scarlett, cause Come Back Lady!
and ME! Because in alla yall's Abssence for what ever Reason...I've Tried and Tried and Tried!...and Tried!
I Spent the Last few Years Trying! Selveland Had To Twist My Arm to Go to Facebook!
I Tried to Totally Carry JD (as a few friends call it) Knowing this was THE PLACE...218 told me Peeps got Run Off....Try and Run Me Off!
It's all good...If I'm not a mod here, where expect I won't be...I will definitely be a Huge Contributor...to the Likes That People Will Need To Use Their Talents As Hard!

Nekoman 07-07-2017 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoeiwasthere
Well...my final nominations:
TwoOneEight cause He's my Bro!
General Scarlett, cause Come Back Lady!
and ME! Because in alla yall's Abssence for what ever Reason...I've Tried and Tried and Tried!...and Tried!
I Spent the Last few Years Trying! Selveland Had To Twist My Arm to Go to Facebook!
I Tried to Totally Carry JD (as a few friends call it) Knowing this was THE PLACE...218 told me Peeps got Run Off....Try and Run Me Off!
It's all good...If I'm not a mod here, where expect I won't be...I will definitely be a Huge Contributor...to the Likes That People Will Need To Use Their Talents As Hard!


I enjoy your energy and positivity, it's a kind of attitude this site needs more of. However, I feel you've been told some likely one sided stories.

neapolitan joe 07-07-2017 04:22 PM

Amen!
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoeiwasthere
Because in alla yall's Abssence for what ever Reason...I've Tried and Tried and Tried!...and Tried!
I Spent the Last few Years Trying!

Gijoiwasthere watched the fortress all these years with other few guys...
Thank You all for coming back!

Scarrviper 07-07-2017 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoman
I enjoy your energy and positivity, it's a kind of attitude this site needs more of. However, I feel you've been told some likely one sided stories.


Agreed.

Dr. Phibes 07-07-2017 09:32 PM

Perhaps we can let the past stay in the past? A lot of things happened.

I nominate
218
Otto
Sean J Williams

Nekoman 07-07-2017 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Phibes
Perhaps we can let the past stay in the past? A lot of things happened.


That's pretty convenient for you to say. I would have given you this benefit if you had shown up at any time in the past few years before we needed a moderator, but now you just return out of nowhere. Seems like you have an obsession with the role more so than an earnest desire to rejoin the community.

If you want to come back, be friends, and enjoy this site for what it's main purpose is than great. But why are you so hung up on moderating?

gijoeiwasthere 07-08-2017 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoman
I enjoy your energy and positivity, it's a kind of attitude this site needs more of. However, I feel you've been told some likely one sided stories.


I'm pretty versed in all of it and actually won't speak of any of it again #MJDGA!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:14 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.