JoeDios.com Forums

JoeDios.com Forums (http://www.joedios.com/forum/index.php)
-   JoeDioes.com Forum (http://www.joedios.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   3 pic rule (http://www.joedios.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5090)

snakeling 07-31-2017 11:11 AM

3 pic rule

Is there a 3 pics per day rule in effect here??? I see it broken regularly. I guess this question is aimed at Neapolitan Joe, since he is now running the show. I'm not trying to ''start stuff", I just want to know what is going on lately.

Dr. Phibes 07-31-2017 12:37 PM

The 3 pic rule was not per day. It was more to post 3 pics, let someone else or a few other people post pics, and then you can post 3 again. If it changed, then someone made that the rule.

I asked the same question but for the FILES section which tends to be really slow.

There was a time when 1 person would post 20 pics of the same pic but with different angles. And it happened over and over. That was why the rule was made. Basically, just spread the pics out.

I'll let NJ explain it again here since he just pm'd his answer.

TwoOneEight 07-31-2017 02:23 PM

Good question.

I figured it's there so everyone's pictures can be seen on the homepage since each category only shows the 3 most recent pictures posted.

I stagger my posts. My personal rule is 3 pics per day. But that's just me. But if it looks like person A posts 3 pics, then person 2 posts, then person C posts, then after 5 or 6 hours, person A posts 3 more pics, it's not a big deal. Not to me, anyway.

But if it is 3 pics per 24 hrs, what if I post 3 pics at 11:45 pm on a Monday evening, then I post 3 pics at 12:01 am Tuesday morning, is THAT a violation?

Points to ponder...

Also, what if you post 3 pics today, Monday. Then no one else posts in that category for 24 hours, then you post 3 more pics on Tuesday. But when you click on the category, it looks like you posted 6 pictures in a row?

neapolitan joe 07-31-2017 02:25 PM

"3 pictures rule".

I think that the 3 pictures rule is not per day.
I think that a Joedios' user'd post 3 pictures in a section and only after another user's pictures, he'd post again: better if not the same object, custom, action figure, character, vehicle, diorama, playset, etc., etc.
However I look for Yours and Hammerfel's opinion on the matter.

snakeling 07-31-2017 02:41 PM

I guess its up to Hammerfell. My opinion really doesn't matter around here.

neapolitan joe 07-31-2017 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeling
I guess its up to Hammerfell. My opinion really doesn't matter around here.

No, my friend.
Your opinion matters like the others.
What Do You think about the rule: do You prefer it "per day" or "for sequence of photos"?

snakeling 07-31-2017 02:57 PM

I'll make this simple boss, go to the photos section. There are 4 pics of Gung Ho, whichever way the rule works it seems this guy is breaking the 3 pic rule. I have been following a ''3 pic per day" rule for many years here. I'm not here to rock the boat. In fact lately I only post one pic and not everyday. You've been given command, its really your decision and I will abide by what you say.

Slipstream80 07-31-2017 03:14 PM

I always thought it was 3 pics per day. That's how I've been doing it.

snakeling 07-31-2017 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipstream80
I always thought it was 3 pics per day. That's how I've been doing it.

Me too, there is a lack of clarity here on Joe Dios. The mod doesn't seem to want to make a decision because....it might look like he is taking sides???? I'm not sure. He is the last guy I would expect to abuse his mod powers. I don't want to name names, I think we all can see for ourselves who is doing this.

neapolitan joe 07-31-2017 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeling
I'll make this simple boss, go to the photos section. There are 4 pics of Gung Ho, whichever way the rule works it seems this guy is breaking the 3 pic rule. I have been following a ''3 pic per day" rule for many years here. I'm not here to rock the boat. In fact lately I only post one pic and not everyday. You've been given command, its really your decision and I will abide by what you say.

I wrote under a pic of Red Cross and Slipstream80 about the rule, then I'll PM them or any other user.
I think my idea about the 3 pics rule is clear, but I wait for inputs from other users or Hammerfel, the real boss.
The real problem is the "Files" section where posts only a few guys of us.