JoeDios.com Forums

JoeDios.com Forums (https://www.joedios.com/forum/index.php)
-   JoeDioes.com Forum (https://www.joedios.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   3 pic rule (https://www.joedios.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5090)

Dr. Phibes 07-31-2017 05:41 PM

It may have been 3 a day at its very earliest inception 10 yrs ago but that was because a few ppl were flooding the photos. Not just 4 or 5, we're seriously talking 20+ photos.

As NJ said, if you are dying to post more than 3, please wait till other ppl post so it gets spread out. It can be hard when it's slow too. Back when, it could take days for a new photo to show up.

SIC DETH 07-31-2017 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Phibes
It may have been 3 a day at its very earliest inception 10 yrs ago but that was because a few ppl were flooding the photos. Not just 4 or 5, we're seriously talking 20+ photos.

As NJ said, if you are dying to post more than 3, please wait till other ppl post so it gets spread out. It can be hard when it's slow too. Back when, it could take days for a new photo to show up.

I recall it being three pics a day and the reason was to keep guys from hogging up shine time.

Slipstream80 07-31-2017 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neapolitan joe
Go on Friends, let's enjoy the site and the forum.
I'm thinking about a corrective for the "ghost" section (dioramas, collections, files) like 3 pictures within 12 hours...
:eek:

Sounds good! :)

TwoOneEight 07-31-2017 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neapolitan joe
Go on Friends, let's enjoy the site and the forum.
I'm thinking about a corrective for the "ghost" section (dioramas, collections, files) like 3 pictures within 12 hours...
:eek:

Sounds good to me, NJ. I'm just grateful that people are posting again and having fun. It's so much nicer in here now. And I will be mindful about not flooding and hogging the page/site. Thank you, dude!

Dr. Phibes 07-31-2017 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIC DETH
I recall it being three pics a day and the reason was to keep guys from hogging up shine time.

There was a time when 10 ppl would post and it wouldn't be a problem. The only issue some ppl had was how fast their stuff could get buried (which is common on Facebook). And sure, you can set photos to like 90 images, but the jd settings tend to forget.

vespapilot79 07-31-2017 08:26 PM

3pic rule

It was no more than 3 photos in a row so others can have a ashot of being on the front page.If someone else posted a few photos it was open for the posting again. This is why we need more than one mod..NJ cannot do this on his own,although capable, he is in Italy.It takes too long for responses sometimes. I dont know why it was made a big production..It looked accidental in the first place.There are bigger things to worry about and stress over. Lets focus on taking some great pics and helping each other out!!

Goldbug 07-31-2017 09:03 PM

All over what looks like an unintentional double post? :confused:

TwoOneEight 07-31-2017 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespapilot79
we need more than one mod..NJ cannot do this on his own,although capable, he is in Italy.It takes too long for responses sometimes. I dont know why it was made a big production..It looked accidental in the first place.There are bigger things to worry about and stress over. Lets focus on taking some great pics and helping each other out!!

vespapilot has my vote for Mod 2.

Otto the Otter 07-31-2017 10:12 PM

I could get behind a Vespa pilot as moderator. I agree with him, although Neapolitan Joe is doing a fine and fair job, it shouldn't all fall to his shoulders.
One is in Italy, the other rides Italian scooters, they're the perfect pair.

Dr. Phibes 07-31-2017 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldbug
All over what looks like an unintentional double post? :confused:

Agreed. Accidents happen. Sometimes, you can't tell if something uploaded or not. Hell, I did it in the dioramas section, got called on it and I deleted the post.

A 2nd mod would be good. Vespa pilot would be a good option.